SAP ALM API & Integration: Events to External Chat Systems
In this series of blog post, we cover different use-cases of integration between SAP Cloud ALM and external ALM services.
All Integration scenario of SAP Cloud ALM are based on the public APIs listed in the SAP API Business Hub.
You want to forward SAP Cloud ALM monitoring events to external chat tools to create messages in chat channels.
Any chat tool can be connected to SAP Cloud ALM using the provided External API Integration capabilities.
Depending on the environment the following integration types have to be distinguished. Check the following documentation for more information.
- Integration with Microsoft Teams:
- SAP Cloud ALM provides a ready-to-use integration with Microsoft Teams including a pre-defined API mapping.
- Simple Integration with Other Chat Tools
- The chat tool must:
- Expose REST APIs for creating chat messages.
- Expose an API endpoint accessible from your SAP Cloud ALM BTP sub-account.
- Support one of the following Authentication protocol described in the following documentation.
- Support a compatible payload for REST operations. The list of supported mapping rules can be found in the help.sap.com.
- The chat tool must:
- Complex Integration with Other Chat Tools
- If the chat tools do not match the requirements for a simple integration, an integration can still be achieved by using SAP Integration Suite or third-party API Integration HUB platform.
Configure SAP Cloud ALM subscription
Refer to the following documentation to create the following entities:
- A SAP BTP Destination to your external Chat system.
- A web-hook of “Chat” External Resource Type and “Microsoft Teams” Destination Type.
- A subscription based on your web-hook and the delivered mapping “Event Situation to MS Teams Chat”.
Configure Event Reaction
After configuring the integration between SAP Cloud ALM and your Chat tool, you can now use this configuration to send chat messages from events.
In the tab “Events” of your application configuration, select your service and create an event from the events list corresponding to your service types.
In the “Event Actions” tab select “Send Chat Message” to select your subscription with the “+” button
Thanks for reading.