Win more deals by certifying your ‘Partner IP’ built on SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP)
SAP continues to deliver Innovations across the Solution Portfolio, Platform and Ecosystem to drive customer and partner value. SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) as the choice of Technology Platform for SAP’s solutions Portfolio, helps expand and accelerate partner value for customers as it allows a broader transformation.
Partners specifically with intellectual property (IP), have greater opportunities in the market.
- Accelerate innovation and monetize your IP by tapping into SAP technologies.
- Build on an open platform – linking data, processes, and experiences across heterogeneous environments.
- Benefit from native data and system connections – driving customer value and competitive advantage.
- Deliver targeted business and industry offerings that extend proven SAP solutions.
In this blog, you can gain information on SAP BTP certification portfolio overview, across partner innovations.
Before that, a short introduction about myself – I am interested in integration technology which helps business applications integrate to make the world run better. I have been working with SAP for 12 plus years as a consultant, with technical and integration expertise evolved around SAP Business Technology Platform, Intelligent Enterprise, SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Business Network for Logistics and so on. I play the role of technical advisor for partners developing business application integration with SAP Solutions and am responsible for partner delivery in terms of Partner IP certification.
Now, Let’s get started.
SAP and Partner together, can accelerate innovation for customer success by unlocking the potential of their business and commercialize their products faster. With SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) as the foundation for our intelligent business solutions and industry cloud, SAP has the unique ability to integrate core processes end to end. SAP BTP brings together application development, automation, integration, data and analytics, and artificial intelligence in one, unified environment.
SAP will continue our journey to seamlessly integrate all our solutions based on SAP BTP; to deliver on our promise of making the Intelligent Enterprise a reality.
Through available SAP technology platform and solution offering, partners of all types can efficiently innovate into white spaces and introduce the unique value that customers require – by keeping core clean, developing extensions to SAP and third-party solutions, creating side-by-side integrations, and delivering new content by transforming data into value with less technical complexity, towards the desired business outcomes.
Therefore, while SAP take care of the technology, partner ecosystem can focus on the business outcomes. In a nutshell, SAP BTP offers three main business centric outcomes.
- Data to Value
SAP BTP Certification Portfolio:
To be in line with above mentioned three business outcomes of SAP BTP, SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC) have aligned our certification portfolio with defined focus to validate the partner innovations (Partner IPs).
The key scope of the certifying partner IP on SAP BTP includes:
- Verifying the partner app running on BTP without disrupting the landscape
- Focus on partner solution technical integration with SAP solution.
- Certification requirements vary according to
- the SAP solution and technology involved.
- how is the application built?
- the SAP platform and its services being used.
- what is the SAP integration methodology used?
Partner innovation on SAP BTP, can range in three categories such as:
- Extend and innovate with Application Development / Extension
- Connect and simplify with Integration
- Give data purpose with Content
Explore some of the partner innovation use cases with focus on above mentioned categories.
1. Certification Opportunities Based on EXTENSIBILITY
- Partner application run on SAP BTP environment.
- Partner application run on SAP BTP environment and extend to SAP solution such as SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP S/4HANA, SAP SuccessFactors and so on.
- Partner built live process content package on SAP Build Process Automation.
- Partner document repository integrates with SAP S/4HANA Cloud using SAP BTP Document Management service, integration option.
2. Certification Opportunities Based on INTEGRATION
- Partner developed integration content package on SAP Integration Suite.
- Partner developed business APIs.
- External Tax Calculation Engines Integration for Brazil specific.
- Statutory Reporting on SAP BTP – SAP Localization based Brazil regional specific.
3. Certification Opportunities Based on DATA to VALUE
- Partner-built business content on SAP Analytics Cloud
- Partner-built business content on SAP Datasphere
- Partner developed third-party BI tools connecting to SAP HANA Cloud.
- SAP ICC Integration Technology Guide: https://www.sap.com/documents/2018/05/6641f5e2-027d-0010-87a3-c30de2ffd8ff.html
- ICC Certification Scenarios: https://www.sap.com/partners/partner-program/certify-my-solution/icc-finder.html?sort=title_asc
- BTP on SAP.com page: https://www.sap.com/products/technology-platform.html
- BTP on SAP help documentation: https://help.sap.com/docs/btp
- SAP Discovery Center – one-stop shop for all BTP resources: https://discovery-center.cloud.sap/
For further information, contact SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC) at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about latest technical criteria for integration certification scenarios to certify your innovation.
On 13th Jun 2023, ICC have planned a 'Technology Info Session', where we will share “Overview on SAP BTP & its partner IP certification”. Register to join and get your questions answered if any.
Registration link: SAP Partner Portal | Webinar - Technology Info Session from SAP ICC