How to Reduce Memory Utilization on SAP Commerce Cloud
As part of our vlog series dedicated to Performance Optimisation Best Practices for SAP Commerce Cloud, we release our second video.
Struggling with large memory footprint or memory leak on your SAP Commerce Cloud JVMs? In this session, you’ll gain invaluable insights on how to improve Memory utilization of API/Storefront services.
In this video, Hakan Agdere will show:
- How to Monitor Memory for your API/Storefront processes
- How to Identify Memory Method Hotspots of your API/Storefront services
- How to Identify Memory Leaks on your API/Storefront services
You can find here the deck supporting this session.
In the SAP Knowledge Base Article, you will also find notes related to memory consumption on SAP Commerce Cloud.
Below are notes related to memory utilisation troubleshooting:
- 3059591 – How to Troubleshoot Memory Saturation and Long Garbage Collection on Commerce Cloud Using Dynatrace – https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3059591
- 3080454 – How to analysis long GC in Dynatrace Memory profiling – https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3080454
- 2350640 – How to get java heap dump – https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2350640
- 2395543 – How to get garbage collection log – https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2395543
Below are notes related to known memory issues.
- 2405327 – Memory leak from hot folder import – https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2405327
- 2823614 – Solr consumes too much memory due to Suggester class – https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2823614
- 3080059 – Solr – Out of Memory (OOM) Symptoms and Solutions – https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3080059
- 2736622 – Memory leak in promotion engine – https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2736622
- 3341652 – Memory leak with 2211 due to library replacement – https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3341652
In case of Promotion Engine memory issue, you may also find this blog article relevant: https://blogs.sap.com/2023/05/18/top-10-recommendations-for-improving-the-performance-of-your-commerce-cloud-promotion-engine/.
Stay tuned for more updates and tips from our experts in the coming weeks!