How to Reduce CPU Utilization on SAP Commerce Cloud
As part of our vlog series dedicated to Performance Optimisation Best Practices for SAP Commerce Cloud, we release our first video.
Are you experiencing CPU-related challenges with your API or Storefront services? This issue is commonly encountered in the SAP Commerce platform, and it can hinder the system’s scalability despite the efficient horizontal scaling offered by SAP Commerce Cloud. Merely adding more hardware resources won’t address the problem if the system’s lack of scalability stems from performance bugs that directly impact CPU utilization.
In this session, you’ll gain invaluable insights on how to improve CPU utilization of API/Storefront services.
In this video, Hakan Agdere will show:
- How to collect current CPU Sizing Specifications from your VMs and Pods
- How to collect current CPU utilization from your API/Storefront processes
- How to identify Method Hotspots of your API/Storefront services
You can find here the deck supporting this session.
n the SAP Knowledge Base Article, you will also find notes related to memory consumption on SAP Commerce Cloud.
Below are notes related to memory utilisation troubleshooting:
- 3059681 – How to Troubleshoot CPU Saturation on Commerce Cloud Using Dynatrace – https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3059681
- 3067834 – How to Monitor and Analyze Thread Utilization on Commerce Cloud Using Dynatrace – https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3067834
- Generating Thread Dumps – https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_COMMERCE/5671512a37c74e1daa2d8191b163dc61/a9f839afc11a42f3b13a7cac7fad0381.html
Stay tuned for more updates and tips from our experts in the coming weeks!