3 SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer Tips
I have been using SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer since its inception few years ago and want to use this blog post to share tips for easier navigation and fast content discovery that may be helpful to all users. I also encourage you as users of SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer to share your tips in the comment to this blog post.
Tip 1: Fast access to your preferred roadmap
For easy and fast access to your preferred roadmap, your favorite in the roadmap selection dialogue as shown below. Once you bookmark your favorites, they will greet you on the launch screen as tiles. Bonus tip: is that if you want to re-arrange the tiles – simply drag-drop them to the sequence you prefer.
Tip 2: Searching for methodology content
You can search for content in few ways. The fastest is to click on the magnifying glass on the top of the screen, type your key word. You can further refine your search by selecting a specific roadmap, narrowing down the search to one of the entities – task, deliverable, accelerator. That way you can fast find your content.
Tip 3: Narrowing down the methodology tree
By default, SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer displays all the methodology content in a hierarchy where you can see the phase titles and lines of deliverables in each phase. You can use the arrows at the front of the title to expand individual deliverables to see the task list and then click through on specific task to access the description and accelerators. See below.
But for most users seeing the entire tree is not necessary. Most users work in a context of a project that is in specific Phase, if you click specific phase filter on the left side of the screen, the display narrows down (you can pick more than one if you need to). Second step in narrowing down the content is to select appropriate workstream in which your content resides – say I’m looking for Integration Deliverables in Explore phase, my selection would look like shown on the screen below.
Now I can use the down pointing arrow at the top of the content hierarchy to expand all the content and I can much easier find what I need than trying to search in the entire hierarchy that covers all aspects of the transformation program.
Additionally, when you scroll on the left column of filters down you will find section More in there you can find pre-defined filters for specific topics relevant to uses of that specific roadmap. In our example of implementation of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 3-system landscape you will see selection of specific filters. In our example below, we have selected filter for Transport Management related tasks.
Let me explain few of the filters below:
- SAP BTP Apps – this filter shows you specific steps for integrating BTP apps with your SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition solution. Everything from BTP account structure to integration tasks.
- Transport Management – this capability is one of the major improvements in the product and this filter shows you all task related to moving transports through the landscape.
- 2nd wave project / rollout project – this filter removes redundant tasks that are only relevant for the initial deployment and provides you with reduced set of tasks relevant for subsequent deployment waves.
- Upgrade – key tasks to complete during the upgrade cycle every 6 months. The upgrade may occur during your deployment project and this filter helps you narrow down the tasks. It also points to dedicated upgrade roadmap for 3-system landscape that provides more details.
- Identity and Access Management – anything and everything that needs to be done to setup identity and access management in your landscape to control access levels for all users of the system.
There are more, but I wanted to give you few examples of the filters that we added over time based on our user feedback.
If you access another methodology roadmap, you will find different set of “More” filters that fit the methodology context – for example in the methodology for implementation of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition you can find filters for new implementation or system conversion.
I hope this was useful post and that you will explore the methodology content in SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer. Next time I’ll share few pro tips for navigating SAP Activate content in SAP Cloud ALM. Please share your learnings and tips in the comments.
Stay tuned for more updates and blogs.
Follow the SAP Activate page on the SAP Community. Remember to turn on your notification to receive updates or information about items requiring your attention. To enable notifications, follow the steps on the SAP Community Resources page.
SAP Activate Minute
Tune into the SAP Activate Minute videos in our YouTube Playlist here. Subscribe to get notified when we drop new videos. We keep publishing new ones regularly, check out the latest one about Test Automation by our friends from Tricentis. You can see it here.