Announcing – Microsoft AI SDK for SAP
We are excited to announce the launch of Microsoft AI SDK for SAP ABAP. This software development kit (SDK) is designed to provide SAP ABAP developers with the tools they need to create intelligent enterprise applications using artificial intelligence (AI) technologies.
Microsoft AI SDK for SAP ABAP is designed to be user-friendly, with an intuitive interface that allows developers to easily integrate AI capabilities into ABAP applications. Currently in early preview phase and Version 1.0, It provides ability to integrate and use Azure Open AI capabilities. Future versions will expand this capability to include other AI engines.
Azure Open AI is a comprehensive set of AI services and tools provided by Microsoft Azure. It includes powerful machine learning algorithms, natural language processing tools, and cognitive services that can be used to build intelligent applications that can recognize patterns, process natural language, and make predictions based on data. Azure Open AI features pre-built AI models and algorithms, as well as tools for custom model training and deployment – all with strong security, compliance, and data privacy.
Using AI SDK for SAP ABAP v 1.0 and integrating Azure Open AI with SAP ABAP, developers can create innovative applications that can automate manual tasks, make smarter business decisions, and provide more personalized customer experiences. For example, an e-commerce application could use Azure Open AI to provide product recommendations based on a customer’s past purchases, while a customer service application could use natural language processing to understand customer inquiries and provide automated responses. Possibilities are endless and imagination is truly the limit.
Some of the key features of Microsoft AI SDK for SAP ABAP v 1.0 are:
- Models, Deployment, Files, Fine-Tuning, and Completion capabilities (Completions limited to GPT 3 models for now – but we are working on GPT 4 Chat Completions functionality)
- ABAP Ready data types significantly lowers barrier of use for ABAP developers.
- Supports Azure Open AI versions: “2022-12-01” and “2022-06-01-preview”
- Enterprise Control with 3 levels of control granularity – Enterprise control provides access control, to ensure the privacy and security of sensitive data. Organizations can control the SDK usage by implementing policies to allow/block specific functionalities. For example, an organization may opt to use authorizations to determine a group of users who can perform Setup operations (Deployment, Files and Fine-Tuning ) – but allow all users to use the Completions functionality.
- Authentication using either Azure Open AI Keys, or Azure Active Directory (AAD).
At Microsoft, we believe that AI will play a crucial role in the future of enterprise software development. That’s why we’re proud to announce Microsoft AI SDK for SAP ABAP, providing developers with the tools they need to build intelligent, data-driven applications that will help businesses stay ahead in a rapidly evolving market.
We look forward to seeing the exciting new applications that organizations using SAP will create with Microsoft AI SDK for SAP ABAP, and we are committed to supporting them every step of the way.
Git Repository Location: https://github.com/microsoft/aisdkforsapabap