SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, Go-Live Experience Workshop – Helping partners deliver successful implementations
Let me start by introducing myself. My name is David Leon, and I am a specialist in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, and part of our SAP Partner Solution Adoption here in North America.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud is a cloud-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system that is built on the SAP HANA in-memory database platform. It is designed to provide businesses of all sizes with a comprehensive suite of enterprise management applications for their core business processes, such as finance, procurement, manufacturing, sales, and supply chain management, among others.
As a cloud-based solution, SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition provides users with the flexibility and scalability to rapidly adapt to changing business needs, while minimizing the need for costly infrastructure investments and maintenance. It also leverages the advanced analytics and reporting capabilities of SAP HANA to enable real-time insights and decision-making.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition is offered as a subscription-based service, which means that customers pay a monthly or annual fee to use the software. This model allows businesses to scale up or down as their needs change and provides access to regular updates and new features as they become available.
The Partner Solution Adoption team organized and ran the first ever S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, delivery focused workshop for our partners from May 2 – 4 in Miami, Florida. We had 22 individuals attend from 10 different partners.
We had a big team that helped plan and deliver the workshop:
- Casey Devlin – Expertise Services
- David Leon – PSA, NA
- Guillermo Simbeck, Partner Delivery Management
- Idit Saguey – PSA, NA
- Jamil Khan – PSA, NA
- Louenas Hamdi, PSA, NA
- Saumitra Deshmukh, Expertise Services
- Srikanth Sista – Expertise Services
- Victor Cervantes – PSA, LAC
The main objective of the workshop was to allow partners to get hands-on experience on the tools and systems they would be using on customer projects. The experience was enhanced by a business case that was used to simulate the project.
We wanted to provide SAP Partners a simulated project implementation experience (Go-Live) for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, following our Activate methodology, supported by a business case example. We also provided hands-on experience to our partners using the systems below:
- Central Business Configuration
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition
As part of the hand on exercises, we were able to demonstrate and work with Pages and Spaces using the new Horizon theme. For more information, please see William Terceiro blog on pages and spaces.
These on-site training take our partners through the steps involved and the best practices for implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, using our successful agile implementation methodology, SAP Activate.
After the workshop attendees were able to:
- Understand Cloud Mindset and leveraging the Activate Methodology in Project Implementation.
- Leverage the Cloud ALM for Project Implementation Experience.
- Understand User Authorization via Cloud Identity Services (CIS) & Identity Provisioning Services (IPS)
- Configure SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition System by using Central Business Configuration.
- Understand data migration by leveraging the Data Migration Tool.
- Understand integration ad extension options for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.
- Be Prepared to deliver S/4HANA Cloud implementation projects by successfully passing assessment and receiving SAP Digital Badge
The adoption of a cloud mindset enables an organization to achieve higher agility, flexibility and collaboration thereby optimize the use of business and technological innovations that the cloud offers.
Some quotes and feedback from partners below:
- “I am so happy that I attended this workshop. I will be starting on an S/4HANA Cloud project soon, and this is exactly what I was looking for to get up to speed.”
- “I appreciated the tie between the excellent, well qualified and informative speakers and the hands-on exercises to familiarize with the tools and system.”
Call to action:
Be sure to regularly access the SAP PartnerEdge – SAP S/4HANA Cloud Learning Room and watch out for events in your region.
Join our SAP Community read, learn, and post your questions!
The NA Partner Ecosystem Success team look forward to seeing these partners use this expertise to achieve an even more successful 2023 and will be holding additional GLX webinars to continue this success.
To stay up to date on S/4HANA Cloud product enhancements visit our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Help Portal
Please leave your feedback below.
Partner Solution Adoption Team