10 Years of openSAP – 10 Years of Sharing SAP S/4HANA Knowledge with the World
On April 29, openSAP turns 10! To celebrate this anniversary, the team at openSAP has re-opened 10 self-paced courses, giving you the chance to complete courses you might have missed and earn free records of achievement.
We are proud and excited that 6 of the 10 courses were SAP S/4HANA courses, and 4 out of the 6 were built as hands-on knowledge-sharing courses by our legendary SAP S/4HANA Regional Implementation Group/Customer Care Program within PSCC. They are now re-opened from self-paced learning towards gaining a certificate of achievement, including a digital batch for learners interested.
Looking into the rear-view mirror, I can recall the first openSAP courses back in 2014. The SAP S/4HANA Product Engineering group was about to be built, and we recorded and launched a course called “The Business Opportunities of Digital Transformation”. When doing the recording of the first course, we did not even know if and how many people might consume the content we were producing. It was a real explorative experience at that point in time.
In 2015, along with the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 1511, we started our first SAP S/4HANA course as a basic enabler for the “need to know” content. It was a “SAP S/4HANA in a nutshell” – 4 hours of learning, and the success was outstanding. Customers and partners were consuming every single piece of information we provided online.
In 2016, when openSAP almost turned 3, we started with our SAP S/4HANA Regional Implementation Group to drive our first deep-dive hands-on course as we wanted, according to our agenda, share the hands-on knowledge with as many people as possible to gain market share and make projects a success. The new openSAP concept promised an option of sharing in a format that attract people. The openSAP team was just great and were welcoming every idea as we also fuelled their ambitions with our content. A win-win.
None of us would have thought back then, that six years later we end up with 14 published courses and almost 400,000 learners. Our courses rank among the most successful openSAP courses on the platform, and we motivated an audience at that point in time to spend ¼ million learning hours with us.
Our courses constantly achieved an NPS of 50+, the feedback received from leaners were the fuel to keep the engine going.
From 2017, existing ECC customers started considering a system conversion to SAP S/4HANA. We noticed that the market looks for answers and created a course covering all areas, incl. technical aspects, topics like finance, logistics, business partner, and project management. We hoped to attract similar number of participants and were overwhelmed from 21K learners in that course alone. We repeated the course in following year and reached another 17K of learners. Until end of April, this course and its repetitions have attracted 65k learners and encouraged us for more.
Over the years, many more courses came together:
- (2020) Guide Your SAP S/4HANA Project to Success:
- NPS of +60.7 (!) (net promoter score’s range is from -100 to +100)
- (2021) Gain Experience with Business Partner for SAP S/4HANA Conversion
- +70.4 NPS (!) (net promoter score’s range is from -100 to +100)
- (2022) Insights into Selected Logistics Innovations in SAP S/4HANA –
- Number of new learners: 23.3k (!)
We were never shy of doing, even when doing means failing,
- In one course, learners shouted out for showing the Catalan flag instead of the Spanish one,
- Links leading to nowhere are a constant challenge, particularly as sometimes we have month between recording and putting the course online.
- We have quite a few participants who attend our course quite frequently and tried to get consultancy free-of-charge via the expert forum within the courses. One guy is only known amongst us as Mr. “FICO”, he dropped 10x the amount of questions than the rest of the audience.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, openSAP was one of the key channels for us to ensure we can continue sharing our knowledge. Everyone came up with ideas to ensure delivery. It turned out that an ironing board is great to position your camera and lifted home made videos to a new height.
This year, openSAP celebrates their 10-year anniversary! openSAP is giving learners on their platform the opportunity to earn a record of achievement for 10 of their most successful courses.
All the best,
Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA”. This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address objects of interest by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we share all ingredients with you to get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA project a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA
Our openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA offer an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearnings that have generated over 20,000 views since then. Today we cover multiple lines of business such as finance, manufacturing, and supply chain, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, developer extensibility, SAP User Experience, and upgrade management. We are continuously adding new microlearnings to the SAP S/4HANA channel, so make sure you check them out.
Your Voice Matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Community – now fully integrated with SAP Community. The community brings together customers, partners, and SAP experts and has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions. We invite you to explore the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Community ‘one-stop shop’ as the central place for all resources, tools, content questions, answers and connect with experts to guide you through your journey to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.
More Information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release info here
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release blog posts here and previous release highlights here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- openSAP Microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Community: here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here