Sales in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition 2302.1 – Sales Volume – Flexible Analysis
Business growth is an important driver of economic growth and development because of its fundamental link to job creation and its ability to enhance overall productivity growth and improve living standards. You might think that sales volume is not important if you are following the financial growth of your business. The two are closely linked and must be analyzed on the way to success.
There are several ways to determine sales volume. The method you choose will depend on what you want to use it for.
In this blog post, you find an introduction to the Sales Volume – Flexible app for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2302.1 release, to explain how these apps can provide valuable information about sales according to various dimensions and much more.
This blog post is a series, and you find the following selected analytical SAP Fiori apps for Sales with analytic introduction videos with a useful guide.
- My Sales Overview
- Manage Sales Plan and Sales Performance – Plan/Actual
- Customer Return – Return Rate and Customer Return – Flexible Analysis
- Sales Volume – Flexible Analysis
- Sales Order Fulfilment and Track Sales Order Details
Analytics for Sales for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition
If you need an overview of the embedded analytics in the sales process for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, coming with predefined analytical apps based on SAP Fiori and on SAP Analytics Cloud for business users, see the overview picture below. This embedded analytics comes with a lot of predefined business content in the form of KPIs, reports, queries, predictive scenarios, and planning scenarios.
Picture 1: Analytics content overview for Sales.
Please find out more about analytics for Sales for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition in this presentation.
SAP Fiori app “Sales Volume – Flexible Analysis”
If the standard SAP Fiori analyses applications are not suitable for your own analyses, new analyses are often developed – requiring a lot of effort at high costs. But sometimes this is not necessary: In some cases, your own analysis can be created without the help of a developer. This can be done via flexible analyses that allow you to tailor the way data is combined and consolidated to suit your individual needs.
You can use the SAP Fiori Sales Volume – Flexible Analysis app to gain an understanding of the monthly sales volume.
Video: This video shows how to use the Sales Volume – Flexible Analysis app (F1250).
- View the Sales Volume, Sales Volume Quantity, and Credit Memos, as a graphic or a table on a monthly basis based on billing documents.
- Drill down to view detailed information for selected sales organizations, sold-to parties, bill-to parties, and so on.
- Export analysis results, like billing item level details into an excel
The app provides the following key figures:
|Net Value||The total net value of items in billing documents|
|Sales Volume||The total invoiced sales achieved during a specified period. This is based on invoice items or debit memo items (debits) that have not been canceled|
|Sales Volume Qty||The total quantity of invoice items or debit memo items (debits) that have not been canceled|
|Cancellations||Canceled sales volume. Cancellation documents are not considered at all|
|Profit Margin||The difference between sales volume and costs|
|Credit Memos||Net value of items in credit memos. This is based on credit memos that have not been canceled|
|Credit Memo Profit Margin||The difference between credit memos and costs|
|Net Sales Volume||Sales volume minus credit memos|
|Net Profit Margin||Profit margin minus credit memo profit margin|
|Net Sales Cost||Costs of sales volume minus costs of credit memos|
For more information, see SAP Product Assistance here.
App Extensibility: Sales Volume – Flexible Analysis
You can extend the Sales Volume – Flexible Analysis app according to your business needs.
- Key users can extend the app in the Custom Fields app using the business context Sales: Billing Document
- Key users can enable the usage of custom fields for the data source Analytics – Sales Volume Flexible Analysis in the User Interfaces section and publish the custom fields in the Custom Fields
- Business users can use the enabled custom fields as dimensions in the Sales Volume – Flexible Analysis
Extend and Integrate Your SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Core data services views (CDS views) form the basis for defining a semantically rich virtual data model (VDM) and for exposing all business-relevant data of the S/4HANA database in a comprehensible way in various consumption scenarios.
And you can create your own views by existing views that are provided and released for reuse by SAP. To fulfill these and other functions reliably, CDS views need to balance out two properties: On the one hand, they need to provide a certain degree of flexibility for further development. On the other hand, their semantic and technical features should be kept sufficiently stable to ensure that the consumers of CDS views, including custom CDS views, don’t need to be adjusted after each upgrade.
This CDS view provides the sales volumes (the total invoiced sales achieved during a specified period) by various dimensions, such as sales organization, product, fiscal year, sold-to party, and many more.
This CDS view provides the prerequisites for answering the following business questions:
- What are the total net values of billing items for my sales organizations?
- How is the sales volume this year compared with the same period last year?
- How much sales volume has been canceled?
- What are the total net values of credit memos this month?
- What is the profit margin for this year?
For more information, see SAP Product Assistance here.
Thanks for reading this blog post and stay tuned for my next blog post concerning Sales Volume – Flexible Analysis and Manage Billing Documents analytical apps!
- Highlights of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition 2302 Release’ blog post here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release info here
- The Link Collection for Sales here
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release blog posts here and previous release highlights here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition, and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- openSAP Microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Community: here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here