How S/4HANA – A Brownfield Conversion impacts the integrated BW on HANA system.
BW Version: BW 7.5 on HANA
S/4 HANA : S/4HANA 2021
Well, it is time to go for S/4HANA Conversion from ECC system, so question arises how about the BW Extraction is handled.
- Study of BW Extractors for Remediation as per the SAP note: 2500202
- Make a list of BW objects are impacted .
- Note down the data Load schedule in SAP BW process chains .
- SUM run fails with error “ XPRAS_AIMMRG Error for Info Object”- Activate the BW info object from BI Content.
Before Downtime :
- Schedule V3jobs 4- 5 hrs. before taking the down time continuously on hourly basis in SAP ECC system ( not to loose any delta).
- Stop BW Process Chains in BW system.
During downtime :
Clear the Queues in SAP ECC system .
Post S/4HANA Conversion :
- Standard BW Extractors are made ODP enabled using the Program BS_ANLY_DS_RELEASE_ODP
- Generic data sources are made ODP enabled using Program RODPS_OS_EXPOSE .
- BW Extractors.
- Check the table -TMCEXACT
- Take note -2500202 to check the extractors for the structural changes.
- If requested by business , Material No. to be changed in S/4HANA.
- ODP Extraction via different ODP connections(ODP-SAP) in BW system post S/4HANA Conversion for SAP .
- Validate and Fix BW Extractors (Standard, Generic, LO) .
- CMOD and Function Module(FM) related to BW Extractors are affected .
- Impact Analysis on existing data flow in All BW Process chains (effect on ADSO objects ) and enhancements.
- Post conversion , LO Extractors are configured in S/4HANA followed by data load in BW.
Data Load is managed with Operational Delta Queue(ODQ) – T code- ODQMON
The way system behaves Post S/4HANA Conversion :-
- Good News is that ODP reduces PSA layer and replaced with DTP.
- Attach New source system (ODP system) to the existing Process Chain.
- The BW transformations need to map post S/4HANA conversion
- DTP to activate again and accordingly ADSO and Classic BW objects .
- ABAP and HANA code to re write in DTP as routines .
- Hierarchies to remediate in BW system as they stopped working- Issue with Hierarchy 0COSTCENTER_0101_HIER-Info Object KOSTL does not exist in version A.
- Some of the extractors are obsolete in S/4HANA – The obsolete ones are converted to CDS view either standard CDS or Generic CDS.
- The special characters like __mentioned in naming conventions will be considered as _ in ODP extractors.
- New DTPs to be created for the ODP Extractors as the source.
- Master Data Load is impacted in BW post S/4HANA conversion .
- ODP enabled data source is executed well with DTP but does not pull any data.
- Logistic Extraction with ODP Framework follows the complete end to end process from the new source (S/4HANA ) to target BW on HANA.
Steps to be taken care:
- Reinitialize Delta Queues in LO Extractors in BW on HANA system during the system. downtime .
- Consider the data required for reporting in BW and make strategical analysis to load data for the N number of years from Setup Tables in S/4HANA as per required from Business.
- Run multiple test runs for delta extraction to ensure the extraction accuracy.