Moving to the Cloud? Modernize Your Integration Platform
Today, every organization is running numerous applications, including legacy apps. Technical limitations and landscape complexity hinder a company’s ability to digitalize end-to-end business processes and explore new business opportunities and models. Organizations need a solution that supports integration of legacy enterprise systems and new cloud-based applications. Integrating legacy apps with new cloud-based technologies, though, can pose significant challenges.
Let’s have a quick look into a few of the difficulties legacy business application architecture can pose for enterprise system integration.
- Restricted architecture: Rigid legacy system architecture complicates extending system functionalities or capabilities as it limits your ability to integrate with other applications or even other pieces of the same business
- Vendor lock-in: Vendor lock-in forces organizations to continue with the same technology even if it’s getting older, isn’t compatible with modern technologies, or isn’t flexible enough to integrate with other
- Inadequate security controls: Legacy systems present a huge security risk if they’re no longer supported by vendors as they don’t receive security updates and patches to address evolving security
- Unstable and deficient: Legacy systems are often inefficient and hamper employee productivity because they were designed and purpose-built to meet less contemporary business and market
- Incompatibility with modern technology: Typically, legacy systems are standalone products that weren’t designed to integrate with multiple systems and aren’t flexible enough to work with future-ready
Cost of managing legacy apps: Legacy business applications tend to have complex system architecture that not only creates additional burden for IT teams, but also brings unforeseen expenses maintaining application availability and functionality
Studies show 49% of executives don’t have a clear plan or goal for their digital initiatives.1
Why modernize your existing IT Landscape?
To address these challenges, you need to modernize your integration platform. You not only need to safeguard your existing investments, but also accelerate your business outcomes and deliver seamless, orchestrated business processes. Increasingly, organizations are expanding their technology investments to modernize their enterprise integration capabilities.
The global data integration market size is expected to grow to $12.14 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.96%.2 This growth is largely driven by cloud adoption and the business transformation strategy. Digital transformation brings seamless integration with digital technologies and solutions, promoting faster business growth and orchestrating business processes.
Modernize your integration solutions with SAP Integration Suite
SAP brings integration platform as a service (iPaaS) to future-proof your IT landscape and, at the same time, allow your organization to unlock the value of existing investments. SAP Integration Suite helps streamline SAP and third-party solution integrations with thousands of prebuilt integrations, so you can take a proven, systemic approach to solving common integration challenges around legacy applications.
An API-first approach from SAP Integration Suite can help your organization lower both risk and intrusion, leveraging your existing legacy systems and applications by safely exposing their capabilities using APIs. This can allow you to use cloud-native process integration to quickly extend your existing business processes with modern cloud applications. Let’s see what SAP Integration Suite brings to your business:
- Attain seamless business processes by swiftly integrating your business processes and data across a wide application landscape with purpose-built integration capabilities.
- Effortlessly achieve more business outcomes by easily integrating legacy applications with modern cloud technologies using numerous pre-built integrations. Our integrations use a proven methodology based on 50 years of SAP best practices.
- Modernize your enterprise integration architecture to enable self-service integration at scale with simpler tools, built-in AI, and modern integration capabilities, and deploy to any cloud with trust and security fully managed by
Accelerate your integration modernization in SAP landscapes
Let’s look at how SAP and our partners can assist your organization through every step of your integration modernization journey. If you have invested in SAP Process Orchestration, SAP’s on- premises integration solution, below are some ways to help you modernize your integration environment.
- Free assessment and planning: You can pace up your modernization journey with a free assessment and plan for updating your integration platform. By moving from SAP Process Integration or SAP Process Orchestration to the cloud-native SAP Integration Suite, you can maximize your return on investment while reducing business risk, complexities, and impact. You can assess your existing environment with SAP Services and Support, including automated tools and SAP Integration Solution Advisory Methodology, to generate migration estimations and initial project plans.
- Complete migration services from SAP: Take advantage of SAP Services and Support to plan, get expert guidance, and implement your integration modernization journey from SAP Process Orchestration to SAP Integration Suite. SAP Services and Support can modernize your existing integration platform with capabilities for planning, configuring, and implementing the cloud-native SAP Integration
- Engage a trusted partner: Choose the right partner from a large ecosystem of trusted partners that fits your unique business needs in your integration modernization While SAP continues to deliver innovative products, it is the broad ecosystem of more than 22,000 partners, together with the SAP Services team, that helps customers realize business value and achieve tangible return on their investments. Our integration partners are specialized for different industries spread across different geographical locations. No matter what size your organization is, they can help you efficiently build and implement an SAP solution to meet your unique business and customer demands.
Interested in learning more? Check out these resources:
- SAP Integration Suite
- Access Your Integration Space
- Self-Guided Demo
- Customer Stories
- SAP Integration Suite Capabilities
1 “22 Digital Transformation Statistics for 2022,” Modus Create, February 16, 2022.
2 “Data Integration Global Market Report 2022,” The Business Research Company, September 2022.