in SAP BTP, Methodologies Matter
This is not another boring blog about methodologies, it just want to bring your attention in a group of tools that will help you to create, use and operate better your SAP Business Technology Platform.
Let’s start defining SAP BTP as a platform that brings together application development, automation, data and analytics, integration, and AI capabilities into one unified environment optimised for SAP applications.
Right, we talk about Integration, Development, Data and more, so in such a powerful tool, you have to find the right way of work on, an unified framework that allow you, your partners and even SAP to work in the same way in your platform, leading to the best practices and helping you to use properly the technology to grant a solid ground during your projects as well as in the future DevSecOps routine.
For that we have Methodologies, and using it is important for a number of reasons, including:
- Consistency: A methodology provides a consistent framework for approaching a problem or task, which can help ensure that all team members are on the same page and working towards the same goal.
- Efficiency: A methodology can help streamline processes and workflows, making them more efficient and reducing the likelihood of errors or wasted effort.
Reproducibility: A methodology provides a set of steps that can be repeated consistently over time, allowing for the replication of results and the testing of hypotheses.
- Quality: By following a methodology, teams can ensure that they are conducting their work in a rigorous and systematic manner, which can help ensure that the results are of high quality and reliable.
- Accountability: A methodology provides a clear set of expectations and standards, making it easier to hold team members accountable for their work and ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goals.
Overall, using a methodology can help teams achieve better results and this on SAP BTP, matter.
Perhaps you are asking yourself : what are those methodologies and where can you get information about them?
SAP offer you currently the following methodologies for SAP Business Technology Platform:
- For Integration: the SAP Integration Solution Advisory Methodology (ISA-M) with even an Integration Architecture Guide for Cloud and Hybrid Landscapes
- For Extension (Development) : the SAP Application Development Methodology
- For Data Management & Analytics: the SAP Data and Analytics Advisory Methodology
- For SAP BTP Architecture, Adoption, Best Practices and Evolution: the SAP Future Ready Enterprise (FRE)
Those 4 pillars will help you together with the SAP BTP Best Practices will give you the strong foundation to use the platform to the best and provide you with a documented governance to claim anyone working with it, to follow the same rules, guides and framework.
I hope you find this information useful, prepare your team, partners to use it and get familiar with the FRE to plan the right evolution on your platform to support your business in a best possible way.