SAP Commissions on Hyperscaler – 🛠️Setup your own sFTP Key as Self Service
As you may be aware, in the past & current today for HANA and Oracle tenants you had to raise a support ticket in order to set your FTP Public keys. However, with the new SAP Commissions Architecture on Hypersclaer, you can configure on your own without the requirement for a ticket or the sharing of your public key.
In this blog, I will explain how you can configure the key on your own with simple steps and it takes just within 2-5mins.
Let’s get started
To generate your public/private key pair for SFTP, please follow the steps below:
- Install the PuTTY Key Generator, navigate to the PuTTYgen directory, and launch it. The default directory path is C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\puttygen.exe.Note: If you have an existing public/private key pair in PPK format, skip to Step 4.
- Create a new public/private key pair by clicking the Generate button:
- Move your mouse over the blank area to create some randomness that can be used to generate the keys:
- With the PuTTY Key Generator open, click the Conversions menu, and select Import key:
- The Load private key screen will appear. Select the .PPK formatted key file and click Open. Here is an example:
- Click the Conversions menu, and select Export OpenSSH key. Save that as your private .PEM key file in a location you can easily find:Note: A PuTTYgen Warning prompt will appear, asking if you want to save the key without a passphrase to protect it. Click Yes. If you open the content of that key file as a text document, its header and footer should appear as the following:
—–BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY—–
[key content here]
—–END RSA PRIVATE KEY—–
Login to SAP Commissions — Go to Commissions Data Loader
Go to Configuration – File Transfer Settings
Remove sFTP Key will remove all users access from sFTP from your tenant. you will have to re-configure and ask everyone who had access to upload once again.
Upload your public Key which you generated
Open your WinSCP, and fill all the relevant details for you to get login
hostname : <GCP tenant domain name> port : 9092 username : <find it in CDL File Transfer Settings> Key - Go to Advanced - Key Configuration - Provide your Private Key path
Now, you could able to see folders after your login
Great to see this self-service feature! Will make life easier.
Is this something we will see on the non HyperScaler platforms in future do you think?
All Oracle / HANA customers will be Migrated to HyperScaler. This feature is not available currently for Oracle. For HANA Customers, you can ask Support team to enable it if there is already feature available as Feature Flag