Agent Console Add-on | Phone & Chat Integration | SAP Service Cloud
This blog post will explain the process of setting up a phone and chat channel in the Agent Console Add-On, provide visual examples of incoming and outgoing calls and chats, some important points to keep in mind during this integration.
This integration eliminates the need for agents to switch between different applications, saving them time and manual effort. Thus, improving their productivity and enables them to handle more customer queries.
- A separate license is required to enable agent desktop.
- Make sure the scoping question is enabled.
Communication and Information Exchange → Integration with
External Applications and Solutions → Integration Scenarios with Cloud Solutions from SAP → Do you want to enable the new Agent Desktop Functionality?
- Enable the work center view Service → Agent Desktop for relevant business roles
- Administrator → Service and Social → Configure Agent Desktop.
- Under General Settings, the below settings are checked by default.
- It is possible that the data we need cannot be directly provided by the service provider. In such cases, they may need to use a middleware application on their end to enable a widget.
Note: The communication provider system must be available as a widget or embedded frame.
- Save and make sure the channels are set as Active.
Upon receiving an incoming call, the caller’s identity is recognized, and the customer hub is automatically opened based on the phone number associated with the customer.
The interaction is saved in the Timeline Tab as shown below:
By expanding the interaction, it is possible to view additional information such as call duration, a link to the call recording, notes and the agent who was responsible for the interaction.
Outbound calls can be placed simply by clicking on the phone number of a customer or contact. These calls are also logged in Interactions, just like incoming calls.
Upon receiving an incoming chat, the person’s identity is recognized, and the customer hub is automatically opened based on the email address associated with the customer.
By expanding the interaction, it is possible to view additional information such as chat duration, chat transcript, notes and the agent who was responsible for the interaction.
You can also view the tickets associated with each interaction under the section “Linked Items”. The source of these tickets are populated as either “Telephony” or “Chat,” it will be easier to analyze the data for reporting purposes.
Points to consider:
- Phone activities are replicated to NGAP.
- Currently, Chat interactions are not replicated to NGAP [KBA 3208474 – When using the Agent Desktop and a Chat interaction arrives to C4C, the chat activity is not created in the Activities Work Center]
- External Reference ID expected to be available for interactions after 2305 Upgrade [Influence Idea 295781]
- Adaptation Mode for the add-on is not yet available [Influence Idea 287466]
- It is not possible to view detailed ticket information within Interactions. Instead, use Quick View to access the ticket’s detailed view.
For more information, refer Service Agent Console. Thanks for reading!