SAP Signavio Process Navigator released today!
Update 2023/10/04: Please check out the 2 new blogs about Process Navigator latest news
Update 2023/06/28: Due to issues when trying to download assets by partners who have been using the ‘Partner Self-Registration’ process on the Partner Portal in past we’ve released the following KBA https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3347013.
Update 2023/05/24: Due to various access issues we’ve just release the following knowledge base article as workaround. https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3337325 . Our IT department is fixing those issues in parallel.
Update 2023/05/05: Please also see my blog about our streamlined strategy within the Signavio product family
in a previous blog post where I discussed the deprecation of SAP Best Practices Explorer, I assured you that I would provide you with the latest information on SAP Best Practices and alternative ways to navigate SAP’s solution processes.
Today marks the launch of Process Navigator by SAP, which is now available as an initial version. Process Navigator is built on the Enterprise Architecture methodology data model. This new service can be accessed via SAP for Me.
Process Navigator by SAP is…
- a cloud native service providing insights into SAP’s process portfolio following a business and solution process-centric data model and design.
- delivering process models, process documentation, process related implementation accelerators, country and industry specific implementation scope.
- providing process related context data such as solution components, roles, integration automation information, applications along process flows and supported solution capabilities.
- a tailormade service to help businesses “implement simple” in all deployment types, public and private cloud, on-premise or hybrid scenarios.
- providing a lightweight consumer grade usability with SAP Fiori, on any device, with in-app search and filtering options enabling access to SAP’s process portfolio at any point in time.
To find the tile for Process Navigator, please go to ‘Services & Support’ in ‘SAP for Me’, and then select ‘Application Lifecycle Management.’ Please note that accessing Process Navigator requires you to authenticate yourself using a registered SAP User account through ‘SAP for Me’.
In addition, the direct link to Process Navigator is https://me.sap.com/processnavigator.
How do Process Navigator, Cloud ALM, Digital Discovery Assessment and Signavio Process Explorer work together?
- Process Navigator is our new lightweight service with quick and easy access to solution scenarios and solution processes to support the discovery phase and project planning
- Digital Discovery Assessment is your pre-qualification experience on the journey to qualify your solution scope and get your offer prepared. Digital Discovery Assessment is linking into the process details in Process Navigator.
- Cloud ALM is our application lifecycle management solution to support all aspects of the implementation and run lifecycle, project definition and setup, fit-to-standard workshops and capturing of your requirements to safely guide you through the implementation and later on support you to operate your solution
- Signavio Process Explorer as one entry point into the rich world of Signavio, including process metrics to measure and benchmark work, process mining and analytics, and much, much more.
Since the SAP Activate lifecycle involves varying levels of detail across different phases, there cannot be a universal solution that fits all scenarios. Nevertheless, the solution processes offered by these services exhibit a significant degree of overlap and are shared from the same source.
Please find out more about Process Navigator in this presentation.
I’ve been asked numerous times whether SAP Best Practices will remain available, and the answer is a resounding ‘yes.’ In fact, we’re increasing our investments and efforts in this area. Any new scenario for SAP Best Practices will be accessible via Process Navigator, as well as through all other relevant services.