Sneak Peek into SAP Analytics Cloud release for Q2 2023
As we enter the second quarter of 2023 we take a sneak peek in to some of the great new features coming your way in QRC2 2023. In this blog we give you a Sneak Peek in to our Top 5. A full list of what is coming can be found on our Roadmap Explorer or the Product Plan.
Further details of our Top 5 can be found on our youtube video
Optimized Story Experience – Analytic Application Integration & Mobile Support
In this release, we are introducing the unification of stories and analytic application into one single artifact based on the optimized stack in SAP Analytics Cloud.
The optimized story experience is an evolution of the story that provides usability and performance improvements. Additionally, it is the strategic version for new story features. To learn more about the optimized story experience, check out this blog post by Anna Burkhardt.
Here is an overview of the new features part of this release:
- Unified Artifact for Both Story and App
- Integrated Design Time for Both Designer and Developer
- Unified Story Module and Landing Page
- Enhanced Custom Widget with Data Binding
- Widget Dynamic Visibility, Size and Position
- Unified Bookmark Workflow
- Flexible Theme and CSS Capability
- Vertical Filter Panel
- Linked Widgets Diagram
- Data Analyzer Integration
- Configurable Runtime Toolbar
- Configurable Widget Context Menu
- Last Refreshed Date and Time Support for Dynamic Text for BW live Data model
- Scheduling and Mobile Support
In addition to the unification of stories and analytic application into one single artifact, you can now leverage the following new and improved functionalities on mobile devices:
- New responsive reflow design with basic story features such as overlap widgets, live device preview, and responsive rules for mobile devices, widget positions, size, and visibility
- Ability to view content created using this new experience on the Safari browser
- Access to content created using Canvas pages on mobile devices
- Improved mobile previews
- Advanced features such scripting, custom widgets, and themes
Data analyzer – updated story integration
Continuing with Story Integration in this quarter by enabling story creators and story viewers to select from the following options to open the data analyzer through the context menu:
- Open in new browser window in a new tab
- Open in overlay to enable the story to remain open in the background and the data analyzer to lay over the story
When jumping to the data analyzer from a story we concurrently pass the existing chart state to the data analyzer table (such as filters, variables, and current drill-down actions)
Public REST API for importing fact data and master data into models
The Data Import Service is an open API that allows users to import fact and master data to SAP Analytics Cloud. Along with its Data Export Service counterpart, the Data Import Service offers bi-directional data flows, helping users:
- Export data out of SAP Analytics Cloud models
- Perform advanced operations using external engines, custom logic, proprietary machine learning algorithms
- Import enriched data to SAP Analytics Cloud models
- Consume that data in SAP Analytics Cloud planning and analytical workflows
Data Actions – Monitor admin role
Data Actions continues to be a popular feature within Enterprise Planning and in QRC2 2023 We are introducing new privilege ‘Data Action Monitor Administration’ for the data action monitor. This privilege provides authorization rights for full monitoring rights of the data action monitor to non planning admin users. A user can be assigned Read or Manage permission.
If a user has Read or Manage permission for Data Action Monitor Administration, they can now view all data action jobs, including the name, trigger source, and model data. Additionally, if a user has Manage permission for the data action monitor administration and Execute privilege for the data action, they can cancel data actions that were triggered by other users.
Users assigned the planning admin role have this privilege by default for backward compatibility.
Data Action Monitor – Handling data actions triggered from multi actions in calendar
Users can now view data actions that are part of a multi action executed by the calendar task in the Data Action Monitor.
Multi Actions – Data Locking Step
IN this quarter users can now add data locking steps to protect data from unwanted changes via Multi Actions either from a story, calendar, or the App Designer. Multi actions with data lock step simplifies workflow for planners to only one action for the complex process. Users will have the ability to lock data after the execution of specific calculation logic (i.e.: data actions, allocations, predictive forecasts).
We will be taking a deeper dive in to these items in our What’s New video and blog series so stay tuned. For a full list of all features coming in QRC2 2023 for SAP Analytics Cloud check out the Roadmap Explorer and Q2 2023 Product Plan.
Want to experience new and existing features for yourself? Take the leap and start your journey towards making data-driven decisions with confidence by signing up for a free trial, today.