How to Set the Employee Data to Obsolete in SAP C4C
This content concentrates on Deleting/ Setting the Employee Data to Obsolete.
To Delete/ Setting the Employee Data to Obsolete, please follow the below steps:
- Click on Data Protection and Privacy workcentre, then click on Personal Data Removal workcentre view.
- Then select “All Employee” from the dropdown query.
- Enter Employee ID in the search bar.
- Select the checkbox for the Employee.
- Click on Remove Data.
- Marked for deletion button is greyed out.
- Close the tab, Remove Employee Data. Then the prompt appears as “Your entry has been saved | Data removal run with ID XX has been created”. If the message appears as shown, skip to Step No: 19. In this case if the Employee have not deleted please follow all the steps as shown below.
- Then go to Business Configuration- Implementation Projects- Click on the line First Implementation.
- After few seconds the Open Activity List button will be Enabled.
- Click on “All Activities” from the query.
- Click on the Name field, then type “Data Retention in the search bar” and click on Enter.
- Click on the hyperlink “Data Retention Rules for Employees”.
- The screen will open in a Detailed view with list of Countries available. Click on the Country/ Region field, search in the filter with Relevant Country name. i.e.., I have chosen the country as “United States”.
- Now the current value is 99 in the field Minimum number of Years or Months.
- Remove the value 99 and change it to 0 in the field Minimum number of Years or Months. Then click on Save button.
- Now follow the steps from 1 to 5, Now the Marked for deletion button is Enabled and checked. Enable the checkbox and click on the “Delete button”.
- The Dialog box appears, click on “Yes”.
- After executed, the Data Removal Run will be created.
- Click on Data Protection and Privacy workcentre, then click on Common Tasks view and click on “Administer Data Removal Runs” hyperlink.
- Select the query as “All Removal Runs” from the dropdown.
- Now you could observe that Status is set to “Obsolete” and Removal failed is marked as “No”. This means the Run is Successful and Employee got deleted from the system.
- Before deletion the Employee appeared in the listing screen. Click on “Refresh button”.
- Now the Employee Data is removed.
I hope this blog gives the view of how to delete the Employee from C4C System.
Please feel free to share your comments or feedback in the comments.
My Previous blog: