SAP BTP Address Validation Service within SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central – Part 3/3
Part 3: Steps to enable Address Validation Service in SAP Success Factors Employee Central
This Blog is a collaboration work between SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) Team, SAP Data Quality Management Team and SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central – Localization Team.
Welcome to Part 3 blog series on enabling address validation service within Data Quality Management, Microservices for Location Data and SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central.
Please refer to Part 1 & Part 2.
We touch on following areas in SAP SF Employee Central to enable Address Validation Service.
- Security Center
- X509 Certificates
- OAuth Configurations
- Destination Settings
- Miscellaneous Permissions
- Configuration in Manage Data
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Go to the Employee Central Admin Center, the search tool search for Security Center and select X509 Certificate tile
- Select Add and provide the requested information to generate the corresponding certificate.
- Configuration Name
- Certification Authority (CA): SAP Cloud Root CA.
- Valid Until: Select the period of your validity.
- Choose Generate and Save
- Download the X509 Certificate and save it locally.
Note: The maximum supported period is 1 year.
- Download X509 certificate. This file is required to create the Service Key on the DQM Account described in Part 1 of this blog series.
- In the Security Center, select OAuth Configurations and add the required information
- Configuration Name
- OAuth Type: OAuth 2.0 mTLS
- Grant Type: Client_Credentials
- Client ID: Get the Client ID from BTP DQM Service Instance under the Service Keys (Refer to Part 1 blog)
- X509 Client Certificate: Choose, created entry under “X509 Certificate” (Created in X509 step above)
- For the Token URL copy the information available in the certurl from BTP DQM Service Instance under Service Keys (refer Part 1) – (https://…com) and append /oauth/token?grant_type=client_credentials
- Token Method: POST & Save the changes
- In the Security Center, select Destination Settings and add all the required information.
- Name: Address Validation Service Configuration.The name should always be Address Validation Service Configuration so that the address validation is triggered from Employee Central
- Type: Choose REST
- For the Endpoint URL, copy the information available in the URI from BTP DQM Service Instance under the Service Keys (refer to Part 1 blog). To construct the full Endpoint URL, prepend from BTP DQM Service Instance under the Service Keys and append /dq/addressCleanse to the host. For example, https://api.dqmmicro.cfapps.sap.hana.ondemand.com/dq/addressCleanse
- Authentication Type: Choose OAuth
- OAuth Configurations: Choose the entry created from the above step under “OAuth Configurations”
- Choose Save
To enable Address Validation Configuration in SAP SF Employee Central, we need to assign permissions for Address Validation Configuration for Country/Region.
- Navigate to Manage Permission Role and select the corresponding role.
- Select the corresponding role to enable Address Validation, navigate to Miscellaneous Permission and enable checkbox for Address Validation Configuration For Country/Region.
Configuration in Manage Data
Enable Address Validation Configuration for Country/Region in Manage Data
1. Go to the Admin Center and choose Manage Data
2. Select Address Validation Configuration for Country/Region as shown in the pic to create new
- Select United States from the Country/Region
- Country/Region: United States
- Activate Service Use For: Specify the type of user for whom you want to activate the validation service.
- Employee Addresses Only – this option validates only the address of the employee
- Employee and Dependent Addresses – this option validates an employee’s and employee’s dependents addresses
- Default Locale: This specifies the language in which the user must type the address. For example, if the default locale is Netherlands, the user types the address in Dutch
- Address Type: Specify one or more address types you want the system to validate.
- Allow Save for Non Critical Errors is set No. It implies only valid address can be saved.
- Save the Changes.
Enable Address Validation Service for other countries by repeating the above steps 1 & 2.
Note: Allow Save for Non-Critical Errors is set to Yes. It implies inaccurate address can be saved in the system by providing the warning to the user. Please refer the Singapore testing section of this blog to experience inaccurate address behavior & user warning.
Let’s test and verify if Address Validation Service is enabled for the respective countries.
- Navigate to Employee Profile and enter employee address
- Enter the address information
- Enter the United States address and hit Validate Address button. Note: Validate Address button is enabled due to the enablement of Address Validation Configuration for Country/Region.
- Validate Address button calls the DQM microservice to validate the provided address and provides a proposal to pick the correct address from the list. If in address provided is missing the apartment number, DQM proposed me to enter the apartment number and provided me a suggestion with the complete address data.
- Final address populated on the screen
Singapore Address Testing
Above testing steps can be followed to validate the address data for other countries.
Hope this blog series helps to enable Address Validation Service within Data Quality Management, Microservices for Location Data and SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central.
- Get familiar with the corresponding address format in the countries that you want to configure for the address validation. Postal Addressing Systems (PAS)
- Check the country coverage and the corresponding level of the validation for the country. Country Coverage | SAP Help Portal
- Check the Data Quality Management information for the input and output fields.Input Field Properties | SAP Help Portal.Output Field Properties | SAP Help Portal
We would like to set this up for our Sales Demo tenant(s), but the free tier of the DQM service to use on our CPEA tenant is currently limited to a 30-day trial and a fixed total usage of 1000 API calls, see SAP Discovery Center. Is there another free option for us partners to set this up?
Thanks for your question. I don't think any other option available beside free tier access.