SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 07 Now Available – The Latest and Greatest on Empowering Everyone with Data
We are pleased to announce that SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 07 is now generally available. This latest SAP HANA release represents numerous advancements in delivering lower total-cost-of ownership, increased scalability as well as enhanced reliability and user experiences. Today, SAP HANA provides the database foundation for over 69,000 customers supporting some of the world’s most mission-critical applications and workloads. SAP HANA stability, reliability, sustainability, ease of use, and cost are important to our customers, partners, and internal application stakeholders. SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 07 addresses these key priorities and represents our continued commitment to safeguard our customers’ previous investments as well as continuing to provide innovations to this market-leading translytical and multi-model database platform.
Broad Range of Innovative Features and Benefits
SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 07 adds a variety of new and important capabilities. It simplifies and democratizes the in-memory computing environment, enabling even more people in your company to get fast answers and gain valuable insights. Numerous other features contribute to a lower total-cost-of-ownership, improved scalability and data reliability, enhanced user experience, and much more.
Here are just some of the many significant new features, capabilities, and enhancements you’ll find in SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 07:
- Backup & Recovery with retention periods, that allows you to keep specific data backups for a longer period, such as the data needed for financial year-end closing.
- NSE (Native Storage Extension) Enhancements for Monitoring, Advisor and Partitioning extensions, which provides more details on advisor evaluated objects and offers adjustments for the buffer cache size.
- New supportability tooling based on VS Code providing detailed on-/offline SQL and dump analysis.
- New Auditing, Authentication and Authorization capabilities, like support for automated user creation via SAML or JWT in conjunction with LDAP and audit log for NSE.
- Enhanced Machine Learning capabilities in multiple areas like classification, time series, forecasting, and regression to support the development of next-generation intelligent applications.
- Updated SDA/SDI Adapter Certifications and new Data Provisioning capabilities, allowing for improved and seamless data federation and replication capabilities.
- Modeling enhancements for time-table handling, snapshot support and user handling, which provides more data modeling flexibility and simplification.
- Updated XSA Runtimes for TomCat, Node.js, and SAPMachine providing for continued deployment flexibility.
Future Release & Maintenance Strategy
Many customers have asked for a clear and predictable SAP HANA Release and Maintenance Strategy. Therefore, starting with SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 08, which is currently planned for Q4/2024, we are targeting to deliver new SAP HANA 2.0 versions every 2 years and always in Q4 of the calendar year. In addition, each SAP HANA 2.0 version will provide a 4-year maintenance period. This means that customers will always have a 2-year overlap between two consecutive versions, offering sufficient time to plan and upgrade to the most recent version.
Want to learn more about the new SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 07 release? If so, please register for the upcoming “What’s New in SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 07 Overview Session” delivered by our SAP HANA Product Management team.
And check out the detailed What’s New Sessions for the various enhancements that are scheduled via YouTube Live.