Getting excited about SAP Enterprise Product Development – how to find training for it?
I have received a number of requests and questions regarding training for SAP Enterprise Product Development (EPD). It is nice to see continued and increasing interest in this public Cloud extension of SAP’s Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution, so I wanted to provide an overview, how you can stay up-to-date.
SAP offers multiple options to find relevant information and receive training for SAP PLM and EPD:
To get more familiar with SAP EPD, we offer free enablement sessions, available for all SAP partners and SAP employees via SAP Partner Edge.
These provide the initial overview, technical sessions, point out industry-specific use cases (for discrete, process or asset-rich industries) as well as highlights of our PLM and EPD capabilities.All these sessions have been recorded and are available at your convenience at SAP Partner Edge here
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Overview and What’s New
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Document and Supplier Collaboration
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Specification Collaboration
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Collaboration in Direct Materials Sourcing & Procurement Processes with SAP Ariba
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Connected Products for Health-Based Monitoring
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – 2D/3D Visualizations and Visualization Use Cases
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Innovation Management
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Requirements and Test Management
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Specification Management
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Configuration Management
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Redlining BOMs and Exchanging Product Data
- SAP PLM and SAP Enterprise Product Development – Intelligent Handover for Discrete Industries
- SAP Product Lifecycle Management – Recipe Development
- SAP Product Lifecycle Management – Change Management
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Onboarding Process
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Architecture and Integration Considerations
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – System Configuration and Backend Integration
- SAP Enterprise Product Development – Technical Considerations for Connected Products / Digital Twins
We offer a variety of free “ask-the-expert” sessions, so called SAP Compact sessions via the ON24 platform, where everybody can engage with the SAP EPD experts and ask questions.
These sessions are always set-up around a particular topic of interest and free for customers, SAP partners and SAP employees.
I can specifically recommend the architecture and integration webinars part 1 and part 2 for everybody involved in an EPD implementation project! These webinar explain how to integrate SAP EPD with SAP Document Management, Project Management, Engineering Control Center and SAP Ariba.
The 3 sessions in March were
- EPD-PPX, product package exchange for supplier or CMO collaboration
By SAP and LeverX on March 8th
- Requirements Mgmt and the extension for the Requirements Valuation Cockpit
By SAP and Cenit on March 14th
- Innovation Mgmt
by SAP on March 23rd
You can watch the recordings of past sessions here and stay tuned for our sessions in April.
For a full overview, please register on the Engagement Hub starting page. In the section “Product Lifecycle Management” you will find all the SAP EPD upcoming and past webinars.
For a deep-dive into SAP EPD, we also offer a formal training block. Please note that this training is not free of charge.
You can book our EPD100 training class available in the Learning Hub Partner Edition
I would also like to already point out the upcoming OpenSAP sessions for PLM and EPD, which will start in May.
We are planning free-of-charge 6-weeks training courses for both discrete and process industries.
Here a glimpse of the content.
Once registration opens, we will inform you via our LinkedIn PLM Professionals Group
Aside from the training, I’d also like to inform you about our SAP community page for EPD which contains blogs about key topics as well as event information.
(See also the Intro Video about the Community)
I hope I could provide you with a helpful overview how to stay up-to date with SAP PLM and Enterprise Product Development topics and trainings!