Brand new openSAP course ‘SAP PLM for Discrete Industries’ started – enroll now
I am excited to announce the brand new openSAP course SAP PLM for Discrete Industries.
In this course, you will learn how SAP PLM helps you design and develop new products in Discrete Industries such as Automotive, IMC and High Tech. We will show you how SAP PLM turns ideas and requirements into new, innovative products. You will learn about the core development process, embedded in an end-to-end change management process. In addition, we will present how engineering BOMs can be handed over to production and operations, so that a seamless digital thread can be ensured, and how internal and external stakeholders can collaborate seamlessly.
This six-week course started on May 9th 2023. You can still register.
Which topics can you expect?
- In week one we will give you an overview of SAP PLM in Discrete Industries and address the challenges of various industries by means of individual use cases.
- In the second week we will address the define phase and see how innovations and requirements can be leveraged to develop products. We will also look at costing in an early phase and compliance.
- In week three we will focus on the core development process. product structure and BOM management including changes will be addressed as well as how to integrate CAD data and external PLM systems. Also, we will give an overview of how SAP Teamcenter by Siemens can complement the SAP solution portfolio.
- In week four, you will see how you can collaborate seamlessly with external suppliers, development partners and contract manufacturers.
- In the fifth week, you will learn how to hand over an engineering BOM to downstream processes and how this data can be leveraged for example in the service and maintenance area. We will also show you how to set up, monitor and monetize digital twins.
- The final week will touch on technical aspects and enable you to get started.
The course will be presented by experienced SAP colleagues and SAP partners and is primarily aimed at existing or future SAP PLM users, solution consultants, sales people, and business decision makers, but also at anyone involved in research and development in Discrete Industries.
During the course we invite you to join our online discussion forum. Here you can discuss all your questions, comments and ideas with other students, SAP experts and the instructors.
I am looking forward to seeing you during the course.
If you are interested in SAP Product Lifecycle Management for Process industries, check out this blog.
Last but not least I would like to thank all SAP partners and colleagues who contributed. Thanks for making the course happen!
About the author:
Simone is an SAP Product Manager with over 25 years of experience in development and customer-oriented roles in the SAP and non-SAP space. She is an industry enthusiast specializing in Automotive and other Discrete industries, always focusing on our customers’ needs.