SAP ALM API and Integration: Manual Ticket Creation From Events
When events are created in SAP Cloud ALM, you would like to forward those events to an external ticketing system to create an incident or a case.
In the previous blog, you can learn how to setup and configure automatic tickets creation from events managed by SAP Cloud ALM.
Check also the following link to get more information on how to integrate SAP Cloud ALM with external incidents and cases management.
In this blog, you will discover how to trigger a manual ticket creation in an external system connected to SAP Cloud ALM via an external API management subscription.
Step by Step Process
- From an alert, you can now create a manual “ticket” from the “Actions” button.It provides you with the possibility to forward an event situation to another ticketing system to notify another team or send the information to another channel.
- Select a “subscription” to identify the system in which the ticket needs to be created. In this list, all subscriptions associated to a external resource of type “incident“.
- You can update the ticket content to provide contextual information. For example, you can raise the priority and update the description.
- Check the result in SAP Cloud ALM.In the “tickets” tab, you can find the list of manual and automatic external tickets attached to a given SAP Cloud ALM event situation.
- Check the result in the external system.The content depends on the mapping associated to the selected subscription.
Thanks for reading.