RECAP – ALM Partner Conference EMEA 2023 (March 2023 I St Leon-Rot, Germany)
For those of you who missed it, oh yes, you really missed a wonderful and inspiring event! SAP’s ALM future was shaped, a lot of insights were shared and people exchanged very good ideas.
Let me summarize and share what I’ve learned and seen. Questions? Do not hesitate to reach out or post questions in the comment section below!
- SAP Cloud ALM is and will not be a copy of Solution Manager
- Some functionalities (e.g. ITSM) will not be provided by SAP anymore
- SAP Readiness Check for SAP Cloud ALM gives you more insights
- These so called white spots are supposed to be filled by partners (partner IP)
- SAP Cloud ALM is the place to be for both business and IT users
General ALM strategy and planning
Recommendation – hosting service providers should transform to SAP Focused Run. Application management service providers should transform to SAP Cloud ALM or SAP Focused Run or a combination of both.
Cloud ALM topics
- Every customer, buying any cloud product or signing an enterprise agreement, is entitled for Cloud ALM! FOR FREE.
- One customer can only have 1 Cloud ALM tenant. You need to service more customers? Focused Run is the potential way to go
- Strong focus on APIs, both inbound and outbound in the near future.
- SAP Cloud ALM is an orchestration tool for future service management and operations
- SAP Business Transformation Center – new functionality to facilitate the move from SAP ECC to S/4HANA, faster and efficiently
- Adoption of ChaRM is on the roadmap and will be fully adopted
- Available soon
- Test automation via Tricentis
- Process modeling via Signavio
- Specific learning journey for Cloud ALM available soon
- New role & certification program: Business Transformation Consultant
Within the ALM area, there is a lot going on and a lot will move and change in the future. Be prepared for this shift and transformation!
Transformation to SAP Cloud ALM is not just a technical conversion, it is also a mind shift towards the cloud and a new working model!