Clock In/Out and Labor On/Off with SAP Digital Manufacturing
In 23.02 Release, SAP Digital Manufacturing introduced Clock In/Out and Labor On/Off plugins, and Manage Time Tracking app for collecting and tracking time for manufacturing activities against production orders and SFCs.
In this blog post, we will watch a hands-on demo video and explore the time tracking capabilities in SAP DM, and I will show you how to use, configure and customize them.
Time Tracking Capabilities
SAP DM’s Time Tracking feature comprises of one app and six POD plugins that take care of the different aspects of the time tracking process.
The Manage Time Tracking app allows production supervisors to edit time records, while production operators can view the records they created.
Manage Time Tracking app
The Manage Time Tracking app offers several essential features, such as:
- Production supervisors can edit the start and stop date and time of time records created by production operators assigned to them.
- Production operators can view their time records and effective labor time.
- Users can filter time records based on various criteria.
To access these features, production supervisors require the Production_Supervisor role, while production operators need the Production_Operator role.
The Clock In, Clock Out, Labor On, Labor Off, Labor On with User ID, and Labor Off with User ID POD plugins are available for Action Buttons and are designed for production operators to manage their time and labor efficiently.
- Clock In: Production operators use the plugin to clock in.
- Clock Out: Production operators use the plugin to clock out.
- Labor On: Production operators use the plugin to start tracking direct labor.
- Labor Off: Production operators use the plugin to stop tracking direct labor.
- Labor On with User ID: Production operators use the plugin to start tracking direct labor after they’ve entered their user ID.
- Labor Off with User ID: Production operators use the plugin to stop tracking direct labor after they’ve entered their user ID.
Configuration and Customization
Time Tracking capabilities in SAP DM offers various settings to configure and options to customize the feature according to your business requirements.
For instance, in Manage Business Settings app, you can configure some specific Time Tracking behaviors and validations, such as:
- Stopping labor tracking when operators clock out.
- Allowing only clocked-in operators to track labor on SFCs.
- Preventing operators from tracking labor on multiple SFCs simultaneously.
- Disallowing multiple operators to track labor on the same SFC.
- Enabling or disabling Labor On/Off with User ID plugins.
- Permitting operators to track labor on inactive SFCs.
In addition, PODs can also be configured to display production operators currently tracking labor against SFCs.
To setup an Operation POD to display Operators tracking labor against SFCs, follow the steps below:
- Open POD Designer app from the SAP Digital Manufacturing launchpad.
- Select an Operation Activity POD to modify.
- Choose the Work List plugin and click on the Configuration Panel.
- Under List Name, choose Value Help to display available work list configurations.
- Select the work list configuration used in the POD and click on Show the List Details.
- Under Available Columns, select “Operators” column and move it from Available Columns to Assigned Columns.
- Save your changes.
Now, you will be able to see the column Operators on the POD Work List, displaying production operators tracking time on each SFC.
The Time Tracking feature in SAP Digital Manufacturing provides a powerful tool for managing attendance and labor on the shop floor. By understanding its capabilities and leveraging its configuration and customization options, you can significantly boost productivity and efficiency in your manufacturing process.
Start exploring the Time Tracking feature today and unlock its full potential for your manufacturing processes!
Do you like this post? Please let me know in the comments section what you think. Any feedback is highly appreciated.
Or, if you have any questions, please check SAP Community Q&A Area, or comment down below.
Great blog Manoel Costa! I wanted to know what is SAP's strategy for time management, given that there is already a Time Tracking solution in SAP SuccessFactors.
Is the intent of this solution to cover customers not using SAP SuccessFactors?
I´m glad you like it, Luke!
Time Tracking feature in SAP DM focus mostly on tracking time for manufacturing activities for cost and efficiency purposes, which I believe should be complimentary to SF features at some extent and perhaps even integrate somehow in future releases.