Sales in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition 2302.1 – Sales Plan and Sales Performance apps
For sales managers, sales planning and performance management are two pillars to meet your company’s annual operating plan targets. Planning is what sales managers do before the year begins and performance management is part of their day-to-day activity. Typically, most sales teams begin planning in siloed spreadsheets. These spreadsheets have two main weaknesses. The first is that they provide limited collaboration. When one employee changes their spreadsheet, no one else can see the changes they made or how it affects a business. These siloed spreadsheets cause hours of consolidation and time wasted before any decisions can be made. Furthermore, these spreadsheets are not often complex enough to make accurate predictions surrounding quotas, territory planning, and other real-time calculations.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, embedded analytics for sales offers
- A variety of out-of-the-box reports
- Access to real-time business data
- Greater sales efficiency from insight to action
This blog post is a series, and you find the following selected analytical SAP Fiori apps for Sales with analytic introduction videos with a useful guide.
- My Sales Overview
- Manage Sales Plans and Sales Performance – Plan/Actual
- Customer Return – Return Rate and Customer Return – Flexible Analysis
- Sales Volume – Flexible Analysis
- Sales Order Fulfilment and Track Sales Order Details
In this blog post, you find an introduction concerning the Manage Sales Plans and Sales Performance – Plan/Actual apps, which are intended for internal sales representatives and sales managers respectively, for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2302.1 release.
Analytics for Sales for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition
If you need an overview of the embedded analytics in the sales process for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, coming with predefined analytical apps based on SAP Fiori and on SAP Analytics Cloud for business users, see the overview picture below. This embedded analytics comes with a lot of predefined business content in the form of KPIs, reports, queries, predictive scenarios, and planning scenarios.
Picture 1: Analytics content overview for Sales.
Please find out more about analytics for Sales for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition in this presentation.
SAP Fiori app “Manage Sales Plans”
With this app, you as a sales manager can create, change, release, and display your sales plans. In a sales plan, you set sales targets on various dimensions for a planned period.
You can then compare the actual sales values to the sales targets by using the Sales Performance – Plan/Actual app.
Video: This video shows how to use the Manage Sales Plans and Sales Performance – Plan/Actual apps.
- Create and release a new sales plan over a timeframe and upload plan data from a spreadsheet file
- Copy a sales plan and save it to a new version.
The app provides the following types of sales plans:
Value Plan: Sales plan with value-based sales targets. Sales targets in a value plan can represent the following
- Incoming sales orders: The total net value of sales order items that are relevant for delivery or billing.
- Sales volume: The total invoiced sales that were achieved during a specified period. This is based on invoice items or debit memo items (debits) that have not been canceled.
Quantity Plan: Sales plan with quantity-based sales targets. Sales targets in a quantity plan can represent the following:
- Incoming sales orders quantity: Quantity of sales order items that are relevant for delivery or billing.
- Sales volume quantity: Quantity of invoice items or debit memo items (debits) that have not been canceled.
SAP Fiori app “Sales Performance – Plan/Actual”
With this app, you can compare planned and actual sales data on different dimensions, such as sales organization, customer, and product. By doing so, you can analyze to what extent your sales targets are being achieved and thus gain insights into your current sales performance.
Compare the plan and actual data on different dimensions, such as sales organization, customer, and product. After a value plan is selected, the plan and actual data are compared as follows:
- Planned and actual values represent either incoming sales orders or sales volume, depending on what you have planned in the selected sales plan version
- Planned and actual values are compared by month, quarter, or year within the planned period, depending on how you have defined this in the selected sales plan version
Compare Plan and Actual Data
You can display a hybrid view that visualizes the differences on a chart while displaying the details in a table. In addition, you can compare the planned sales volume to the actual net sales volume (sales volume minus credit memos). To do so, add the column of net sales volume to the comparison table from the table view settings.
You can drill down to further compare the plan and actual data. The drill-downs available to you are the dimensions that you have defined for the sales plan version.
Navigate to Related Apps
You can select relevant data (for example, specific customers) from the chart and then navigate to related apps to show quotation conversion rates, and contract fulfillment rates, and check open sales.
Sales Performance – Plan/Actual (Quantity-Based)
With this tile, you can select quantity plans to compare the planned and actual quantities. After a quantity plan is selected, the plan and actual data are compared as follows:
- Planned and actual quantities represent either incoming sales orders quantity or sales volume quantity, depending on what you have planned in the selected quantity plan
- Planned and actual quantities are compared by month, quarter, or year within the planned period, depending on how you have defined this in the selected quantity plan
- Before you can compare to plan data, you need to first create sales plans in the Manage Sales Plans app.
- You can only display sales plans that are created by your user.
- A draft Sales Plan version cannot be selected.
For more information, see SAP Product Assistance here.
Thanks for reading this blog post and stay tuned for my next blog post concerning the Customer Return – Return Rate analytical app!
- Highlights of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition 2302 Release’ blog post here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release info here
- The Link Collection for Sales here
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release blog posts here and previous release highlights here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition, and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- openSAP Microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Community: here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here