SAP Business Network for Logistics 2303 Release – What’s New?
With every new release, we publish a blog post to summarize the most exciting innovations in SAP Business Network for Logistics.
This blog post provides an overview of key innovations in the 2303 release. It is intended for customers and partners, sales and presales colleagues who already have a detailed understanding of SAP Business Network for Logistics.
Let me share some of the key highlights:
SAP Business Network Freight Collaboration
New Layout Theme ‘Horizon’ Available
As for SAP Business Network Global Track and Trace, the ‘Horizon’ theme is now also available in SAP Business Network Freight Collaboration. The different variants of ‘Horizon’ can be selected in ‘Settings’ – ‘Appearance’.
New Version Of ‘Manage Integration Logs’
There is now a new version of the ‘Manage Integration Logs’ app. Version 2 has improved performance for a better user experience. It also has a simplified user interface, the option to download payloads and log availability of 90 days.
For the time being, both version 1 and version 2 of this app can be used. The following document types are currently not supported in version 2:
- Those specific to p44 integration
- Freight Document Response
Modify Price Proposal Currency
This is a new feature relevant for contracting collaboration. If enabled, carriers can now change the currency for the price proposal they send back to the shipper.
This is relevant for the Freight Request for Quotation and Freight Orders for Confirmation apps. APIs for Freight Contracting and Freight Tendering have been updated respectively.
If not enabled, the info icon to the left of the respective field will gives some additional details.
SAP Business Network Global Track and Trace
Stock Transport Order Tracking
Companies often have numerous plants in different geographical locations and frequently require stock movement between plants. Stock transport order (STO) helps companies manage the movement of the stock in SAP systems and keep track of the exact amount/volume that has been moved. There are different variations of a stock transfer, but the general starting point is the receiving plant creating the STO – similar to a purchase order.
Now, SAP Business Network Global Track and Trace can support tracking of STOs. The following scenarios are supported:
- STO with outbound deliveries only and transportation managed by SAP TM
- STO with outbound deliveries only and transportation managed by LE-TRA shipment
- STO with both inbound and outbound deliveries and transportation managed by SAP TM
- STO with both inbound and outbound deliveries and transportation managed by LE-TRA shipment
The stock transport order tracking is a new capability delivered as part of SAP Business Network Global Track and Trace standard applications. It is enabled though the Purchase Order Fulfillment app with the following enhancements:
- To search for a STO, a new field has been added to the Purchase Order Fulfillment worklist to filter by ‘Document Type’. You can filter by order Type UB as this is synchronized with the transportation backend system. You can also search for the STO via ‘Delivery Number’ (= Outbound Delivery Number).
- When selecting your STO, the Purchase Order Detail page opens. Here, the Outbound Delivery Items (and if applicable also the Inbound Delivery Items) are listed and are visible in the document flow. In addition, there are new milestones to monitor the STO fulfillment:
- Outbound Delivery Completed
- Inbound Delivery Completed (if applicable)
Please note that in this example the shipment is delayed. This is propagated to the outbound delivery item and the purchase order item as those are the objects assigned to the shipment in S/4.
From the Purchase Order Detail page you can select the Outbound Delivery Item to check where your order is. You will see its location on the map and the tracking timeline on the left. You can also navigate further to the shipment and conduct an impact analysis on the affected items in case of a delay.
Filter Shipments Based On ‘Tracked Object’
In the Track Shipments app, there is a new field in the worklist to filter on ‘Tracked Object ID’ e.g. to filter shipments by container ID or license plate.
Save Filter Variants For Tracking Timeline
Previously, users could not save the filters they had set for the tracking timeline. After each refresh, the filter was set back to default. Now, different views can be saved.
A full overview of the 2303 release can be found in the following link.
The above summarises the key innovations for 2303. We hope you enjoy the new capabilities. Thanks for reading the blog post and stay tuned! To learn more about SAP Business Network for Logistics visit SAP – Business Network for Logistics