SAP Build Process Automation – Learning Content March 2023
With the SAP Build Process Automation’s recent release, this blog post will highlight some of the enablement content for the new release features and a few other learning contents which were requested from the Community.
Want to get hands-on experience with these features? Let’s get started with step-by-step tutorials that we have created for you for the below features.
- Tables in Forms (New feature)
- Enhanced Document Information Extraction Wizard (New feature)
- Integrating with CAP and SAP Build Process Automation
- Execute the Business Process in SAP Build Work Zone (Standard edition)
1. Tables in Forms
We introduce an exciting new feature in Forms: Tables!
You can add tables to forms using the following column types: Text, Checkbox, Number, and Date. You can add as many table rows as needed.
Want to try out this new feature? Follow the tutorial to experience it.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to handle error-prone Sales Orders in Excel and send a notification to the user with the error details in a tabular format in the Form.
2. Enhanced Document Information Extraction Wizard in Automation
You can now simplify the flow when creating and managing Document Extraction Templates with enhanced usability and an improved wizard.
Below are the following improvements:
- Create a New Template from Scratch
- Create New Template outside the context
- Import Templates outside the context
- Add Template to project from Automation
- Select Schema and Template for Extract Using Templates –
- Import template from Document Extraction Information into Project
You can try your hands on for above feature by following the tutorial.
3. Integration of CAP Service and SAP Build Process Automation
Learn how to connect to a CAP Service using Actions in SAP Build Process Automation to customize or extend standard business processes.
In this series of tutorials, You will implement a CAP Service with very easy functions like converting a String to a number, converting a list of ids to a comma-separated String, and finally consuming the CAP Service API functions in SAP Build Process Automation Process.
4. Execute the Business Process in SAP Build Work Zone (Standard edition)
SAP Launchpad service and SAP Work Zone come together into a unified solution with a coherent and intuitive user experience under the new SAP Build Work Zone brand.
SAP Build Work Zone, the standard edition is a next-step-evolution of the SAP Launchpad service with a revamped UX, plus enhanced capabilities in the areas of navigation (with pages and workspace), visualization (UI Integration cards following the SAP Fiori design system guidelines), low-code page building capabilities and pre-packaged business content.
Note that “SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition” is a rebranding of the SAP Launchpad service, however, it is still the same product and it comes along with a set of new capabilities
In this tutorial, You will learn how to configure SAP Build Work Zone (Standard edition) and Run the Business Process from SAP Build Work Zone (Standard edition)
You can automate complex workflows easily using the Recorder in SAP Build Process Automation.
In these tutorials, you will learn how to Automate the sales order creation process in SAP GUI for Windows applications and how to Automate Purchase Order creation in S/4 HANA Cloud applications.
Once you complete these tutorials, you would have learned the below features of Recorder.
- How to use automatic capture mode
- How to re-record applications
Please find the summary of the features with all the links at a glance to kick-start your learning.
Forms in Tables
Enhanced DOX Wizard
Integrating with CAP and SAP Build Process Automation
Execute the Business Process in SAP Build Work Zone (Standard edition)
If you are facing any issues while learning these tutorials, please use Contribute suggestion to reach out to us!
Reach out to us or comment on this blog post for any request for additional learning content.
For more information on SAP Build Process Automation, check out these sources:
- Exchange knowledge:SAP Community|Q&A |Blogs
- Try out the product for Free via the SAP BTP Free Tier: SAP Business Technology Platform | Free Tier & Trial Models
- Explore:SAP Product Page|Product Demo
- Learn more: SAPHelp Portal| SAP Learning Journey | SAP Developer Tutorials
- Follow us onLinkedIn,Twitter, and YouTube