FAQ to the Test Strategy Part 2
Remember the blog post I wrote about FAQs related to the Test Strategy? Well, I’m back with more answers to your burning questions!
Since I last wrote, a lot has changed in the tech world, including the rise of ChatGPT and ChatGPT-powered Bing. So, I decided to tap into Bing’s power to find out what questions our customers and partners have regarding the S/4HANA Cloud Test Strategy. The results were terrific!
Here are a few questions-
Let’s answer these:
I guess Question 1 and Question 3 can be answered together:
What are the benefits of using the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool for creating and executing Automated regression tests?
How can test automation help with the faster validation and early detection of problems or bugs in SAP S/4HANA Cloud projects?
Using the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation tool to create and execute Automated Regression Tests has many benefits:
- Faster Testing: The tool helps you make tests that can run faster and more accurately than manual testing.
- Consistent Results: With the tool, you can ensure that tests are done the same way every time, with the same data and conditions. This helps make sure that test results are consistent.
- Saves Money: Because the tool makes tests faster and more accurate, it can help save money by reducing the need for manual testing.
- Faster Releases: Automated testing can help catch issues quickly, which can help speed up the release of new features or updates.
- Better Test Coverage: Automated tests can check more scenarios and edge cases, which helps ensure your software works as expected.
- Reusable: Once you make an automated test, you can use it repeatedly, saving time and money in the long run.
If you want to make testing more accessible, faster, and more accurate, the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation tool is the way to go! You can read our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool – FAQ Blog Series to learn more about it. My Colleague Kelsey covers this topic extensively in the blog series.
What are the steps to set up and use SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool for automated testing during Quarterly upgrades?
That’s a great question, Bing! Just one correction, the SAP S/4HANA Cloud upgrade cycle actually happens twice a year, not quarterly.
Moving on to your question, the Test Strategy Guide offers guidance on the various steps customers and partners should take during the upgrade cycle’s run phase.
I understand there’s a lot of information to take in, but don’t worry; we’ll delve into this topic extensively in our upcoming blog post (coming soon!).
In summary, the testing conducted during the upgrade cycle with the Test Automation Tool is referred to as Post Upgrade Testing. Customers can authorize SAP to perform Post Upgrade Testing (PUTs) on their behalf using automated tests. SAP will automatically initiate these tests in the customer’s Test/Quality System during a major release upgrade. Moreover, using the Test Your Process app, customers can perform upgrade tests at any of the software/content life cycle stages. For additional support, refer to the Prepare for Post Upgrade Testing guidance.
What are the features and capabilities of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool in the latest release?
My Colleague Anurag has a brilliant blog post on Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition – 2302 Release Updates. Follow him to get the latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool information.
I would love to hear your questions and feedback regarding the test strategy template. Also, please comment below with your thoughts and takeaways regarding testing strategy from your project experience.
Follow the SAP Activate community!
Check out the SAP Activate Minutes for weekly quick learnings on SAP Activate-related topics.