Scenario: Data Extraction via the Custom CDS View application
Introduction section: –
Extracting data in mass from SAP S/4HANA using custom CDS view has multiple use cases. In this blog, let’s look at the steps for creating a custom CDS (Core Data Service) view that is enabled for data extraction with associations, using the Custom CDS Views application.
- To open the Custom CDS View app, the key user has to be assigned to a business role being part of business catalog “Extensibility – Custom CDS Views” (ID:SAP_CORE_BC_EXT_CCV).
The role “Analytics Specialist” (ID: SAP_BR_ANALYTICS_SPECIALIST) is one example.
- Open the Custom CDS Views
- Choose Create to create the custom CDS view.
- In the dialog box, enter the required details. Select Data Extraction from the Scenario drop down list and then choose Create.
Now the custom CDS view is enabled as a data extraction custom CDS view.
- On the Select Primary Data Source screen, select the primary data source. For example, I_AcademicTitle.
- Choose Check to check for any errors.
Once the check is completed, a message is displayed stating that the check is now complete.
Primary data source is now added to the custom CDS view.
- If you don’t need associated data source, then proceed with step number 9. Otherwise, choose the Add button and select Associated Data Sources from the dropdown list.
Select the associated data source as per your requirement. For example, I_AcademicTitleText, and then choose OK.
- Choose the Join Condition icon to maintain the join conditions between primary data source and associated data source.
- Check for errors in the custom CDS view as shown in step 5
- If there are no errors, choose Publish to publish the custom CDS view.
The custom CDS view is now ready for data extraction.
Only full-load extraction is supported for the custom CDS views created using the Data Extraction scenario. Delta extraction isn’t supported.
With the Data Extraction scenario option in Custom CDS View application, Data extraction from SAP S/4HANA cloud system to other (BW) systems is possible using communication channel for custom CDS view.
Further references and related blogs: –