How to use the Maintain Business User Groups functionality
With the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2302 release a new feature is now available: Business User Groups. With this feature you can create business user groups and assign multiple business users to them. This helps you to organize your area and easily search for all business users of a certain category.
In this Blog Post I will show you how you can easily create a Business User Group and assign it to your users.
Ensure that you have the Business Catalog SAP_CORE_BC_IAM_GRP_PC assigned to your user. This Business Catalog is also added as default into the Business Role Template SAP_BR_ADMINISTRATOR.
Also, the following restriction types (in the following business catalogs) are required for maintaining business role groups and business user groups:
|Business Catalogs||Restriction Types|
|SAP_CORE_BC_IAM_RM||Business Role (S_BRL)|
|SAP_CORE_BC_IAM_UM||Business User (CLASS)|
Business Role (S_BRL)
Business User (CLASS)
|SAP_CORE_BC_IAM_RM_DISP_PC||Business Role (ROLE_GROUP)|
|SAP_CORE_BC_IAM_UM_DISP_PC||Business User (CLASS)|
Creating a Business User Group:
- Go to “Maintain Business User Groups” app and click on “Create” button
- Choose the Group Description and click on “Create” button again
*Please note that the name of business user group is created automatically in namespace ZCB.
- The Business User Group is now created
Assigning users to a Business User Group:
- In the Maintain Business User Groups app, click on the group that you want to add a user
- Once the group details appear, click on “Add” button
- A pop-up window will open with the Business Users. Select the Business Users that you want to add to the Business Group and click on “Add” button
- Now the Business Users were added to the Business Group.
Kindly note that it’s also possible to add a Business User Group to a specific Business User inside Maintain Business User app inside the Business User details.
Removing users of a Business User Group:
- In the Maintain Business User Groups app, click on the group that you want to remove the user
- Once the group details appear, select the Business User that you want to remove and click on “Remove” button
Deleting a Business User Group:
It’s only possible to delete a Business User Group if it has no Business User assigned to it. Ensure that you have removed all the Business Users assignments before deleting a Business User group.
For more details regarding this new functionality, please check the SAP Help Portal Documentation – Maintain Business User Groups.
Hope this information is useful for you! I would greatly appreciate if you could share your feedbacks and thoughts in the comments.
Also, I encourage you to browse for other Community Topics that may be useful for you.