SAP BTP ABAP Environment – Release 2302
Please enjoy my little overview of most important features and their respective details.
All available new features can be found on the official release notes page.
Our last blog post for release 2211 can be found here.
ABAP Development Tools
- Support for configuration of tree hierarchy in the transport organizer view (details)
- Enhancements to the element information popup with primary and secondary keys for internal table types and RAP types (details)
- Support for configuration of data preview with columns and filters (details)
- Availability of the call out->write( )in if_oo_adt_classrun, which behaves now consistently for all data types (details)
- Support for custom field display in ADT using the Custom Fields editor (details)
- Support for hiding test classes in the class outline view of ABAP Development Tools (ADT) (details)
- Support for quick fix to create non-existing change document from a behavior definition in the Behavior Definition editor (details)
- Support for creation of extension on behavior definition extensions and abstract behavior definitions (details)
- Support for form-based ADT UI for application job objects (details)
- Support for behavior definition extension information in the Element Information popup (details)
ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model
- Support for BTP workflow services for process automation (details)
- Support for side effects in RAP behavior definition to trigger reloads based on user input in draft-enabled UI services (details)
- Support for logging into a new system either by providing an email address or a username
- Default layout mode for new Steampunk systems is now space mode (details)
- Support for usage of SAP-delivered spaces directly in business roles. This is the case with the business role SAP_BR_DEVELOPER, for example (details)
- Default order of pages in SAP_BR_ADMINISTRATOR was changed according to an administrator’s frequent tasks (details)
Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Support for the ABAP class CL_SATC_API provides a new released API to run custom code checks in the context of the ABAP test cockpit
Integration & Security
- Support for display of all available inbound services defined by a user or delivered by SAP with Display Inbound Services app (details)
- Support for scheduling an application job using another business user. The released runtime API CL_APJ_RT_API can therefore be used (details)
- Support for usage of API for checking if a string contains a syntactic valid email address (details)
Multitenancy and SaaS Applications
- Support for request of new namespaces via Request Namespace The namespace reservation request will be subject to detailed validations in the remote namespace framework (details)
As always, please let us know if you have questions.
Stay healthy and take care!