The process “Alcoholic beverage licenses”
Digital Government: The motivation of this blog is to provide a general description of the best practices implemented by the public administration of the Government of the State of Guanajuato applying various resources and SAP technology for the optimization of processes, this in order to improve the services provided to the citizenship and the state.
The department Ministry of Finance, Investment, and Administration by the Government of the State of Guanajuato is the state public administration with the largest SAP implementation in Mexico. The department has been using SAP tools for 25 years, starting with the accounting and budgeting modules. Over the years, GRP functionalities have been enabled to strengthen the operation. Currently, there are financial, logistics, human resources, and collection modules such as SAP PS, FM, CO, GL, AA, AR, AP, TR, HCM, PM, MM, TRM, and SAP subsequently such as SRM and BW. Consolidating in platform the procedure in which more than 219 administrative units operate, thus becoming the transversal IT platform of the Government of the State of Guanajuato, allowing the managing, organizing, and automation of its principal needs.
The Ministry of Finance, Investment, and Administration, through the use of SAP tools, efficiently and responsibly manages the State Treasury through the TRM module. Thereby performing 100% of the collection, which has a taxpayer base of more than 3,000,000 taxpayers. This is carried out through 100 physical offices (collection offices), 26 commercial chains, and more than 1,600 payment points.
In a cross-cutting manner and through SAP’s financial and logistics lines of business (through SRM), we work with more than 21,646 suppliers of the Government of Guanajuato, to carry out the state’s purchasing procedures. Additionally, the invoice procedure is generated through SAP PI, VIM, and OpenText.
Through the SAP HCM module and its sub-modules, processing by human resources the payroll of 26,038 governmental employees.
Moreover, through the PO solution, the department of finance integrates and connects 149 systems (portals, apps, applications, and services). Of these systems 50 are direct points of contact with the citizens, 80 are portals for the operation of the state government, 10 systems are for administrative procedures of the department, 4 are for investments and auctions, and finally, 5 are for Decentralized Organizations and Districts.
Thus, through the GRP SAP, 20 departments, 53 local state companies, 6 independent agencies, 36 districts, 101 counties, and 2 trusts are administered, all to strengthen public administration and provide transparency to the citizens.
The main objective of organizing the process related to alcoholic beverages is to make it easier for citizens to carry out the corresponding procedure. It is allowing them to carry out such procedures from any device, time, and place with state-of-the-art technology. An additional objective is to facilitate the task for the validation team (Pull de Validaciones) of the Tax Administration Service of the State of Guanajuato. The main function of this agency is to improve the quality of services to taxpayers and strengthen the tax cycle, thus increasing local tax collection efficiently, and obtaining information related to the entire process of alcoholic beverage procedures. Subsequently allows for feedback to be provided to taxpayers with information related to their procedures, thus being able to manage, completely and efficiently, the data belonging to the State Alcoholic Beverage Registration of the State of Guanajuato.
Resulting of an Enterprise Service Bus (Cx Messenger) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), bidirectional communication with SAP was implemented to obtain and provide feedback on historical financial information, and information from the State Alcoholic Beverages Registry of the Integrated Tax Administration System of the State of Guanajuato. Which is one of the ECC systems currently used by the Government of Guanajuato.
Simplification of the business procedures and optimization in terms of time and service levels:
- All procedures are carried out 100% digitally, which translates into zero paper emissions:
- Time reduction of 89% in filling the application by the taxpayer to an estimated 13:44 minutes.
- The number of alcoholic beverage license applications processed: 5,880 annually (346% increase in the number of applications processed).
- The total amount collected for concepts referring to alcoholic beverage licenses is 21,599,366.00 pesos. Increasing alcoholic beverage licenses by 12.46% (only considering the period from September 1, 2019, to September 1, 2020).
- The total number of digital licenses exchanged (6,150 licenses) versus the total number of existing physical licenses (27,037 active licenses in SAP). Represents a 22.74% progress in the substitution to physical licenses (only the period from September 1, 2020, to September 1, 2021, is considered).
- Legal certainty by implementing digital notary: The system has implemented the Certified Electronic Signature plugin of the Government of the State of Guanajuato, which is used to digitally sign applications to provide certainty and legality to review the process by the health authorities.
- Current-time notifications and follow-up on the status of applications promptly: The system sends notifications via e-mail, which are sent at the end of each of the verifications. When an application is saved, through the generating of a digital application file, which serves as an aid for future clarifications of any appeals with various entities, such as the Administrative Justice Tribunal of the State of Guanajuato.
- Payment of license fees located in different branches: Through an e-mail, the system issues documents to assist the taxpayer in making payments for an alcohol license. This could be done at different locations such as banks, pharmacies, and convenience stores that are affiliated with the Ministry of Finance of the Government of the State of Guanajuato (8 banks and 16 pharmaceutical chains and convenience stores). These affiliations enable the payments to be made in any part of the country.
- Verification of information using QR code: It is used as a security element to eliminate the use of falsified licenses, facilitating the work of the domiciliary verifiers, as well as that of the personnel of the Guanajuato State Tax Attorney’s Office. Thereby, making it possible to have updated and current information on the alcohol registry, as well as simplifying the recovery of deficits from citizens who do not comply with their tax obligations.
I hope you found this blog informative and useful. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to share them. Your feedback is valuable and will help improve our collective knowledge¡¡¡¡