Integrate SAP Task Center with Concur
To configure Task Center with SAP Concur, please follow the steps below:
1. Check the prerequisites
Before you can use the Task Center service in Concur, you have to meet the following prerequisites:
– Currently the task center integration only suppots the following SAP concur solutions:
- Concur Expense, Professional/Premium Edition
- Concur Request, Professional/Premium Edition
– SAP Task Center is available via the commercialization model: SAP Business Technology Platform CPEA, Pay as you go, free tier model and make sure you have the latest data privacy agreement.
– You have an SAP Concur admin user with Web Services Administrator role assigned.
– SAP Cloud Identity Services are needed for integrating task providers with SAP Task Center.
- Recommended approach: Use SAP Cloud Identity Services – Identity Authentication and Identity Provisioning to generate and distribute Global User ID. If you just purchased Concur, you need to configure for both IAS and IPS tenants, details could be found here
- If you already have an existing SAP Concur entity, and have generated the Company Request Token and Company UUID. Within BTP connection settings, you would need the app ID and company UUID and request token values again. If you require any additional information, please contact your SAP Concur implementation consultant or check out the integration guide with Concur solution.
- Check out how to set up destination to connect SAP Task Center and SAP Concur here.
2. Check whether these services are entitled in your SAP BTP sub account
- SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition, formerly known as SAP Launchpad service (see this blog) or advanced edition
- SAP Cloud Identity Services – Identity Authentication
- SAP Cloud Identity Services – Identity Provisioning
If not, you can subscribe to the required service under “Entitlements” from BTP cockpit and add the service plans respectively.
Add SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition and SAP Task Service to your sub account
At the end, you should be able to see both service plans showing up in your entitlements.
3. Configure Trust between BTP Sub account and SAP Identity Authentication service (IAS)
To use Task Center with SAP Concur, you need to establish trust between your SAP BTP sub-account and SAP Cloud IAS service. Under Security tab, you can find the trust configuration so that you can click on “Establish Trust” and select the Identity Authentication tenant that you want to connect with your subaccount.
*only tenants that belong to your customer ID are shown*
4. Run the automatic set up
You will see that the booster creates role collections and directly assign them to your user account and the booster also validates the prerequisites and informs you if entitlements are missing:
5. Configure your SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition Site manager service
You can now go to your SAP Build Work Zone application and in the “Content Manager” menu, you will be able to find the apps related to Task Center. Select them and click on “Add to my Content” such as “Task Center” and “Task Center Administration”. Follow the steps in order to integrate the SAP Task Center applications into a new SAP Build Work Zone site.
When you finish it, you can see the tiles are added to your Fiori launchpad.
6. Generate an expense approval task in Concur
7. Approve the task in SAP Task Center
You will see the Concur expense report showing up in the task center application and if you click on it, you will see all the details from the expense report.
And the approver can decide if he/she wants to approve it or send it back.
Without SAP Task Center, an approver would need to log in to multiple applications to manage approval workflows. With SAP Task Center, the approver can view and approve multiple workflows from one place.
Ready to experience the benefits of our Task Center integration? Try it today and click on the following documentations to learn more.