PM Order Execution & Resource related Billing of Maintenance Service Order
In this blog we will discuss the process of creation of confirmation wrt PM order to build the actual cost base. And subsequently creating DMR (Debit Memo Request) through RRB (Resource related Billing) of MS Order is demonstrated through a recording.
The price for customer specific services are more often determined based on various resources consumed viz, personnel, material, travel to perform the service. This is enabled through Resource related Billing process. At the high level, following are the prerequisites for processing RRB of Maintenance Service order.
- PM order configuration of confirmations, Goods Movements, External Procurement
- DIP Profile
- Debit Memo Request / Credit Memo Request document type
- Item Category
- Item Category Assignment to Document Type (DMR/CMR)
- Assign cost condition type to Document Type (DMR/CMR)
- Copy control Sales Document (& item category) to Billing Document (& item category)
- Pricing Procedure
Master Data and Transaction level activities
- Service Material (ex., Labour, Travel, Expense etc.,)
- Spare Part
- Price master data (of Service Material, Spare Part)
- Assigning of DIP profile, setting Billing Relevance attribute to summarized billing or itemized billing to MSO line item.
- PM Order with confirmation of actuals– Labour confirmation, Goods Issue , Expense booking etc.,
Related blog to refer : Maintenance Service Processing in S4 HANA | SAP Blogs
Kindly go through recording to visualize in SAP system the process of Resource Related Billing of Maintenance Service Order and another variant of billing for fixed price billing through the App Release for Billing. Through this app we will create a BDR first (Billing Document request) and then the billing document.
Plz visit SAP Help
You can also follow the S/4HANA Services roadmap for the future directions of the solution on Maintenance Service Processing.