SAP Digital Discovery Assessment
SAP Digital Discovery Assessment (DDA)
Each Activate Roadmap contain a deliverable in the DISCOVER phase as Discovery Assessment where the companies capture their project scope thru SAP DDA Tool as explained in this blog post.
This DDA will help customers to decide on the right operating module of SAP S/4HANA – public cloud or private cloud or stay on-premise. Some of the criteria to make this decision depends on various choices like extensibility, infrastructure, cost, and range of functions.
DDA tool can help companies to work together with a partner to take an in-depth look at the topics of scope, the integration of applications, and the localization of scope items.
Overview of DDA: This tool can be split into various steps:
- Selection of IT Solutions: In this step, customers will select the solutions they want to look at. The various solutions available are:
- Pre-Selection Package
SAP allows customers to select various scope items out of more than 650 scope items available for the public cloud edition.
- Baseline Package which bundles up key end-to-end processes for your company in the areas of Sales, Finance, and Procurement. A sample of the Business Processes delivered includes Invoice to Cash, Order to Fulfill, Record to Report, and Procure to Receipt.
- Finance-Led ERP includes important standard processes for enterprise in Financial management which also include some of the procurement and sales functions.
- Service-Centric ERP The package includes central SAP best practices for financial management and thus for the operation of an administrative ERP system, but also, above all, project-, service- and some industry-related functions.
- Product Centric ERP This solution contains produce and sales standard products and includes key functions like manufacturing and sales of produce goods from stock.
- Localization Legal Entities
SAP Best Practice is available in more than 43 countries and companies can link the respective activities of the company to the countries in DDA. The company can see the scope Localization matrix as below:
- Scope Selections (Definition)
This section is divided into various 16 LOBs (Lines of Businesses) and companies can select actual scope items in the respective LOB of SAP S/4HANA. Below is an example of a sales LOB which contains 79 scope items
The users can add special notes on the selected scope items.
- Additional Requirements: Here you can add the additional requirements identified during your discovery for the applicable business priority.
For any further questions about this blog, please contact Jitendra Bhandari
Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP Activate Cloud Deployment Methodology, join our SAP Activate Community. This platform which is available to all customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about implementation deliverables and tasks, best practices, and product solutions.
SAP Activate additional links: