Custom Logic to Implement Flexible Billing Document Numbering
This blog post has been written to address common customer query on how to use custom logic to have additional fields in usage decision for Flexible Billing Document Numbering
Business Use Case
Many customers are asking for requirement of having additional fields in usage table to configure Flexible Billing Document Numbering. One of the use cases is to have flexible billing document number based on Plant and Company code combination. Let’s see in the blog post How it can be achieved.
1. Create a new field using ‘Custom Logic’
Enable for UI and Report
2. Create the BADI to populate the field at header
3. Define Custom Routines for Data Transfer to Billing Documents
4. Define Copying Control for Delivery Document to Billing Document
Now we have the set up to fill plant at Header level when sales Invoice is created.
5. Define Parameter Catalog for Flexible Billing Document Numbering
6. Define Formulas for Flexible Billing Document Numbering
7. Define Custom Routines for Flexible Billing Document Numbering
8. Assign Custom Routines to Billing Type
Now when the billing document is created we have number range as per the decision table.
This blog post should help you to understand in detail how to use Custom Logic to Implement Flexible Billing Document Numbering
Thanks for reading this blog post, hopefully the blog post was informative