[Blog Series] Extensibility in Multi-Tenant CAP-based Application
Hi all, for the past couple of months I and my other team members were working to understand how extensibility works on the cloud and how it can be achieved. During this phase, we came across several challenges, their work around best practices, and some configurations which are key to making our CAP-based application extensible.
In this blog series, we plan on sharing that information so that it will be helpful for other developers and can act as a reference guide for them.
Note: The term extensibility used in this blog series refers only to in-app field level, entity level, and service level extensions only.
In this series, we will cover the following topics
- Do’s and Don’ts in the provider schema.
- Configuration that needs to be maintained to allow extension of entities, and services.
- How to create an extension project for your tenant (as a subscriber)
- Possible scenarios in the extension project.
- Some general FAQs.
This blog will act as a single source of reference as we will add all the blog post links in this series below.
- [Blog Post]: General Guidelines for making CAP based applications extensible
- [Blog Post]: How to extend the multi-tenant CAP-based application on the subscriber side
In this blog, we discussed the plan that we will be covering as part of this blog series. If you find that a few other topics are missing or can be added, please let us know in the comments and we will try to incorporate those topics into our blogs.