SAP Build Process Automation Content in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition 2302 – (Deep Dive)
Highlights of the SAP Build Process Automation Best Practices Content with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition 2302 Release.
This blog provides an overview of the #S4HANA #Cloud 2302 with the latest and greatest innovations highlights to drive and accelerate digital transformation with improved operations, increased service quality and automate to gain speed and efficiency. These innovations are released as part of our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2302 shipment for SAP Build Process Automation using “SAP Build Process Automation Bot Store “.
In this blog, we will expand on the new capabilities with SAP Build Process Automation.
With SAP Build Process Automation, we are offering combined capabilities to automate, digitalize, and extend SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Processes. SAP Build Process Automation offer capabilities that can bridge the gap between digital and physical processes. SAP Build portfolio combines our low code solutions which enable users of all skill levels to easily create and augment business applications. The unified low-code solution portfolio empowers users to create applications integrating with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, automate tedious processes, and design engaging business sites with drag-and-drop simplicity.
You can configure a bot to identify and read emails with attachments. With pre-trained models, the bot can identify which data to extract to create and post transactions within SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition and detect unique scenarios that would require human intervention.
The built-in content store offers hundreds of pre-built process content packages, RPA bots and connectors (as of this quarter we have 400+ Bots in our Public Store) designed specifically to enhance the capabilities of your SAP applications such as SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, SAP Ariba, SAP SuccessFactors and more.
Key capabilities of SAP Build Process Automation includes creation / managing processes and workflows using a no-code process builder. Create forms for requests and approvals, users can access the forms editor either from the lobby.
Latest release updates provide these important components that are newly added to SAP Build Process Automation to drive efficiency for autonomous intelligence.
Cloud Component Improvements
- Feedback popup to view progress on the execution of attended bot (Agent 3.0) where new asynchronous activities are available in core SDK to provide visual feedback about the progress of the activities execution, when running an automation in attended mode.
- The process visibility capability enables you to build dashboards to monitor processes in and across SAP and third-party applications.
- Faster screen element declaration with a contextual menu on elements of the DOM tree. Users can directly declare a new element from the DOM (Document Object Model) tree contextual menu. Declare elements are part of a pattern with the new options to add as direct parent, target element or remove from pattern directly from the DOM tree
- New activities in session authentication are available for bots executing API Calls on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, you can now get API access token for session reentrance which opens a pop up to log in using your credentials and generates a session token to use in calls and you can as well terminate the API session to Invalidates it. Available for attended bots only.
Top 3 business driven innovations that automate your business processes using SAP Build Process Automation capabilities with #S4HANA #Cloud bring intuitive user experience with the new Cloud Studio.
- Digital Automation for Procurement: Mass Maintenance of Quality Info Records (6NX)
- Digital Automation for Professional Services : Mass Maintenance of Work Packages and Work Items for Projects (4J1)
- Digital Automation for Finance : Automated Release of Supplier Invoice upon Customer Payment (6PA)
Let’s take deeper look at the first business driven innovation for procurement using SAP Build Process Automation content with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.
Mass Maintenance of Quality Info Records (6NX)
SAP Quality info record influences purchasing functions like limiting maximum order quantity or blocking the order due to quality reasons. For the specific material-supplier combination (where the quality inspection is not required), SAP Build Process Automation offers the capability to perform mass creation and update of quality info records in a smarter and faster way.
API Reference | Quality Info Record API is used to create and update the respective Quality Info Records
The Mass Maintenance of Quality Info Records template bot is designed to automate the mass creation, update, and deletion of quality info records into the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition system using APIs. Using the Excel template placed in the base folder, the bot updates the corresponding fields in the system. Additionally, the deletion of quality info record automatically sets the deletion flag. Learn more with help documentation
For the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition system, add the Communication Scenario Quality Info Record Integration (SAP_COM_0358) to use the API/OData service. For SAP S/4HANA Cloud systems: Create a communication user, and then create a communication arrangement between the communication user and the communication scenario in your SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition system. For more details, see Communication Management and Link here.
Mass Maintenance of Work Packages and Work Items for Projects (4J1)
In any organization, the Project Managers perform repetitive tasks on work packages when the project is in the In Execution stage. The Project Managers create a new work package, update the existing work package, and create or delete the work items in the work packages.
The Mass Maintenance of Work Packages and Work Items for Projects template bot automates the process by fetching the project ID, work packages, and work items from an Excel file. Based on a project ID, the bot creates or updates the work packages, and creates or deletes work items for a work package in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition system. The bot then sends an email notification to the users. Learn more with help documentation
This is an API based bot and is available in scheduled mode only. Commercial Project – Create, Update API is used and it is synchronous inbound service that enables you to manage work packages and work item.
For the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, the Communication Scenario Commercial Project Integration (SAP_COM_0054) is added to use the API/OData service. For more details, see Communication Management and Link here.
Let’s take deeper look at the third business driven innovation for Finance.
Automated Release of Supplier Invoice upon Customer Payment (6PA)
In Professional Services business companies, Thousands of sub-contractor invoices are received each month, and it will be impossible to match each of them with the related customer invoice manually.
Companies often enters into contractual agreements with its suppliers (or subcontractors) where the terms of payment in a project depend on when the company actually receives the payment from the customer to whom the services or goods are delivered. This payment clause is referred to as “Pay when Paid (PWP)” or “Pay if Paid (PIP)”.
Pay When Paid is an industry standard, If the matching customer invoice identified, then it need to be tracked daily to see if it was paid. When the customer invoice is paid, the sub-contractor invoice need to be released for payment.
SAP Build Process Automation provides the ability to automatically match AP Invoices with Pay When Paid (PWP) payment terms to the corresponding Customer Invoices for all contract types – T&E, Fixed Price, etc. This bot brings effective automation and improved efficiency in the month end/quarter end/year end AP manual processing. Learn more with help documentation.
For the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, the Communication Scenario’s such as Supplier Invoice Integration (SAP_COM_0057), Employee Central Financial Master Data Integration (SAP_COM_0441) and Business Partner, Customer and Supplier Integration (SAP_COM_0008) are added to use the API/OData service.
For more details, see Communication Management and Link here. You will need to create four custom CDS views in your SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition system, expose them as external APIs, and then create a communication scenario and add these four inbound services to this scenario. For details, see Create an Additional Communication Scenario.
For general information about how to create and expose custom CDS views, see Creating Custom CDS Views and External API: Exposing a Custom CDS View as OData API.
Stay tuned for more updates in the next quarters!
More Information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition community topic page: here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release info here
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Release Blog Post from Arpan Shah (Head of SAP S/4HANA Product Management) here and previous release highlights here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Explore SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition Extensibility in the Extensibility Explorer
Follow us via @SAP and #S4HANA, or myself via@har1234 (Hardeep Tulsi)