S/4 HANA OUTPUT MANAGEMENT USING BRF+ For Settlement Document in 2022 On-Premises editions
In this blog I am going to explain you configuration steps for new output management BRF+ settings for Condition contract settlement document.
S/4HANA delivers massive simplifications (customer adoption, data model, user experience, decision making, business processes, and models) and innovations. One of the areas of simplification is within the area of output management. The new output management encompasses the output across applications and is therefore found in the Cross Application section in the IMG. It is designed to be the successor for all frameworks (such as SD, FI Correspondence, CRM post processing).
- With SAP S/4HANA a new Output Management approach is in place. By design, the new output management includes cloud qualities such as extensibility enablement, multi tenancy enablement and modification free configuration. Therefore, the complete configuration differs from the configuration that is used when output management is based on NACE.
- The configuration is based on BRF+ which is accessible for Customers. In SAP S/4HANA, the target architecture is based on Adobe Document Server and Adobe Forms only. For the form determination rules (along with other output parameters) BRF+ functionality is used (in this sense in combination with the message determination).
- Output Management is used to generate output for settlement management documents. When a settlement management document is generated, a request is made of Output Management to issue output for the document. The type of output to be issued for a settlement management document and the dispatch time are determined according to a set of customizable business rules.
- For settlement management documents, the set of business rules is represented by application object types and output types. The settlement management document category of a settlement management document determines the application object type. One or more output types are defined for each category of a settlement management document requiring output. When the business rules are applied by Output Management, attributes obtained from the document are used to determine the type of output, the receiver of output, the channel used to issue the output, the printer settings (only applicable for output channel PRINT) and the form template used to generate a PDF document
- Background RFC configuration has to be set up by the basis team. Refer Note – 2292571 (SAP S/4HANA output control – technical setup).
- Adobe Document Server is available – ADS needs to be implemented to allow SAP to fetch PDF properties for rendering output form.
- Transaction code KPRO has to be maintained with the help of Basis – KPRO allows to store PDF attachments on physical location.
bgRFC (Background Remote Functional Call)
Step 1): Start transaction SBGRFCCONF.
Step 2): Go to tab Define Supervisor Dest.
- In the dialog box Create RFC Destination for Supervisor, enter a Destination
- Mark the checkbox Create
- Enter a Username and a
- Save your
- Check with help of SAP Note 1616303 if bgRFC is
Define Output types:
SPRO → Cross Application Components → Output Control → Define Output Types.
Assign Output Channels:
SPRO → Cross Application Components → Output Control → Assign Output Channels.
In this activity assign output channels to output type.
Output Parameter Determination in BRF+ (Transaction OPD)
During document output, the master form template is determined by comparing each defined rule with the current data provided by the application. If a parameter is not defined (no value entered), this parameter is considered as a match, and else, system determines the rule where all parameters match. Master form template is used corresponding to this rule.
1:Maintain the Output type
2:Maintain the Receiver
3:Maintain Printer Settings
4:Maintain Form template
5:Maintain Output Relevance
Output determination is performed in document based on determination rules defined for Output type, receiver role, channel, form template and printer setting with status as ‘To be Output”. Default data can be changed in the document.
Settlement Document output is processed in Fiori App Change Settlement Document.
Output is successfully processed for the desired output channels.
Furthermore, there is a job scheduling app available: ‘Schedule Job for Document Output – Settlement Management’. This tile is part of business catalog ‘Sales – Settlement Management Document Output Scheduling’.
If the status of the output document remains in To-Be output not changing to completed/ Successful, Implement SAP not: 3075079 – Output Type has dispatch “Immediately” but it not processed.
This functionality very useful where customer has access to the Output Management configuration based on BRF+.
Solution is applied in Output Management using BRF+ in new Green field S/4 HANA Implementation and also in Expert Level Mock Implementation in S/4 HANA Simple Logistics Trainings.
With SAP S/4HANA a new Output Management approach is in place. By design, the new output management includes cloud qualities such as extensibility enablement, multi tenancy enablement and modification free configuration. Therefore, the complete configuration differs from the configuration that is used when output management is based on NACE.
I would very much appreciate your comments and suggestions.