Helping customers with adoption – My reflection on my recent experiences
Hello readers, I hope you enjoy reading my first blog!
Let me take a moment to introduce myself, my name is Angeline Gregory and I am a Procurement Adoption Director covering EMEA.
I started my journey with SAP by working for SAP Ariba Services around the same time when Ariba was shifting its focus from on-premise solutions to Cloud, I mainly worked with helping customers with their digital transformation journeys mainly across Europe. As technology and transformations progressed so did our solutions with the introduction of Ariba Guided Buying, I led multiple deployments and helped customers setup best practice operational procurement processes in-line with their procurement policies. As you can imagine many customers policies were archaic and required a refresh to accommodate new cloud solutions – This was a good thing!
After working for SAP Ariba Services for 12 years, I was offered a position with the Procurement Adoption Team also known as PAT, PAT are part of the Intelligent Adoption and Consumption Centre, essentially we are a team of highly skilled functional and business process experts with hands-on experience in almost every industry, we aim to increase solution adoption and customer life-time value with every customer we engage. It has been a wonderful experience in every aspect of the role! I can bring in my experiences to really help customers achieve business outcomes.
Next you may ask, how does PAT achieve this?
- We plan adoption engagement based on customer’s usage of SAP Ariba solution and conduct 1-2-1 customer engagement providing recommendations in line with their business objectives
- Work closely with Regional Vice President to support critical customers within the market unit, develop account planning pipeline and deliver adoption engagement to drive renewal
- Create scalable knowledge contents that can be used by customers and account team from all geographies. The PAT team is very diverse and our knowledge content is available in Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian in addition to English.
Scalable contents created by PAT team linked below :
- YouTube Self Service Videos
- Value Accelerators : These are knowledge content that provide the customer the understanding, value, end to end process and guidance to execute the adoption opportunity
- Conversation of Value : These are brief talk tracks aimed at helping people in customer facing roles to explain the business outcome and value of using a SAP Ariba solution feature
- Customer Adoption Labs : Deliver 1 to many formatted labs on specific Ariba topics to a live audience.
Recently I had the pleasure of delivering my first customer adoption lab on “Creating Sourcing Events From Guided Buying”. You can watch the recording here
You can also find links to past lab ‘sessions’ here
I’ve come to realise adoption is a serious and large topic, I am super happy and privileged to be in a role where I can positively impact customers to adopt our solutions to the fullest, sometimes these are the very same customers for whom I was involved with during deployment – It’s always good to see and work with our customers.