Create Tax Returns for Non-Localized Countries/Regions in SAP Cloud Applications Studio
In the SAP Business ByDesign system, you can configure tax content for SAP country versions only. This blog describes how to use SAP Cloud Applications Studio to configure and use periodic tax returns for a country/region without SAP country version.
- You have installed the latest SAP Cloud Applications Studio release for creating the tax content.
- The country/region you want to configure is available in the tax country table already delivered by SAP.
1. Setup Business Configuration
1.1 Configure Tax Declaration Type
This configuration object allows you to define a tax declaration (return) type for a country/region. To represent Periodic Tax Returns in the SAP Business ByDesign system, you must configure a tax declaration type code.
You can configure a Tax Declaration Type in the following way:
- In the solution explorer, right-click the solution name and select Add New Item. Select Business Configuration node and then select Business Configuration Set. The system opens the Business Configuration Wizard.
- Under Business Configuration Object Type, select Use SAP Business Configuration Object. Provide a name and a description.
- Under Business Configuration Object -> Name, select TaxDeclarationType from the list.
- Click Next to open a new window.
- Maintain the field values as shown below. Provide a name to the tax return and a code for the country/region for which you want to make changes.
- Click Next and Finish.
1.2 Configure Tax Declaration Profile
The Tax Declaration Profile defines the configuration for tax returns. You must define the profile for each tax declaration type code and country/region combination.
In this configuration object, you can store the following settings:
- Assignment of tax types against a tax return type
- Assignment of tax events against a tax return type
- Grouping criteria for a tax return type
- Income types against tax return type and tax type
- Summary declaration settings for a tax return type
You can create a tax declaration profile in the SAP Applications Studio following the steps below:
- Follow the steps 1.1 and 1.2 of section 1 above and continue with the below steps.
- Navigate to Business ConfigurationObject -> Name and select TaxDeclarationProfile from the list.
- Open the Tax Return Types Node and enter the values as below :
- Tax Return Type: Enter the Tax Declaration Type that you have created in the step 1.1. Maintain the same country/region as above.
- Restricting Tax Return Type:
- Deferred Tax: Select the checkbox if you want to include deferred tax items in the tax return.
- Reporting Tax Corrections: Specify if you want to include all items or only the corrected items when creating a correction return.
- Level of Detail: Specify if you want to report the tax return items in subtotal manner or in summary manner.
- Object Type Code: Enter 101 (This value is meant for product tax).
- Nil Return: Select the checkbox if you want to indicate whether a tax return should be created when there are no items to be reported.
- State Relevant: Select the checkbox if you want to indicate that the tax return is state relevant.
- Jurisdiction Relevant: Select the checkbox to indicate that the tax return is jurisdiction relevant.
- Tax Reporting Unit Relevant: Select the checkbox to indicate that the tax return is tax reporting unit relevant.
- Payment Relevant: Select the checkbox if this tax return is payment relevant.
- Open the Tax Event node and enter the values as given below:
- Country/Region: Specify the country/region for which you want to create the tax event.
- Tax Return Type: Maintain the appropriate tax return type that is relevant for the country/region. You would have created the tax return type in step 1.1.
- Tax Event: Select a tax event from the drop down. A tax event is a combination of characteristics that constitute a tax liability, a tax concession, or a tax exemption of a specific type and at a specific level for the purpose of country-specific tax legislation.
5. The Summary Layout node need not be maintained since it is a subtotal return.
- Open the Group Criteria for Sub Totaling node and maintain the data as given below :
- Enter the Country/Region Code and Tax Return Type as above.
- Grouping Section: Enter any numerical value >= 1. You can define as many sections as you want. These sections differ in grouping criteria. Each section has its own individual line in this node. Hence, if you have 2 sections defined, then there will be two lines in this node corresponding to each section.
- Grouping Level: Enter any numerical value >= 1. Within a section, levels of grouping can be different. So, you may have 2 grouping levels/criteria sets for the same section.
- Group 1 to Group 5: Select an appropriate code from the value help. These coded values represent the tax declaration item grouping criteria. You can specify a maximum of 5 grouping criteria.
- Summary Required: Select the checkbox if you want to report the tax return in the summary type .
- Section Usage: Select the appropriate section depending on your business requirements to display the relevant layout in a tax declaration.
- Regular Tax Items Relevance Indicator: Select the checkbox if you want to include regular tax items. Regular tax items are created for taxes included in supplier invoice, customer invoice etc.
- Additional Split items Relevance Indicator: Select the checkbox if you want to include additional split items. Items which are added using the provided BAdI are considered as additional split items.
- Open the Tax Type Node and enter the values as below :
- Country/Region: Specify the country/region for which you want to configure the tax type.
- Tax Return Type: Specify the tax return type
- Tax Type: Enter a new tax type according to your requirements
2. Implementing BADI
2.1 Check Master Data
You must implement the CheckMasterData BAdI to check on the master data and raise a message if some master data is missing. The system implements this BAdI, during the creation of the tax return.
Follow the steps below to create the implementation :
- In the solution explorer, right-click the solution name and select Add New Item. Select Enhancement Implementation and click on Add.
- In the next screen give the namespace and BAdI name as given below.
- This BAdI has 2 filter parameters – Country Code and Tax Declaration Type code.
Maintain these filter parameters as shown below.
- The importing parameter of the operation Check_Master_Data of this enhancement method has three parts, which are defined below:
|CompanyID||ID of the company|
|CompanyUUID||UUID for company|
|TaxAuthorityCountryCode||Country/Region of the Tax Authority|
|TaxAuthorityInternalID||ID of the Tax Authority|
|TaxAuthorityJurisdictionCode||Jurisdiction Code of the Tax Authority|
|TaxAuthorityRegionCode||Region Code of the Tax Authority|
|TaxAuthorityUUID||UUID of the Tax Authority|
|TaxWithholdingRequiredIndicator||Indicator to set if the company can withhold taxes|
|ValidityPeriod||The period between which the company tax arrangement will be valid|
|CarryForwardRequiredIndicator||Is set if carry forward is allowed|
|ElectronicSubmissionRequiredIndicator||Is set if the file is available for tax return|
|ID||Tax Return Arrangement ID|
|PaymentCalendarDayRecurrence||Provides the details on frequency of payment, period of payment like month or week day selection.|
|PrintFormRequiredIndicator||Is set if the print form is available for tax return|
|ResponsibleBusinessPartnerUUID||UUID of the person responsible maintained at Company Tax Arrangement level|
|SupportingDocumentsSeparatelySubmittedIndicator||Set if the documents should be submitted separately from the tax return|
|SystemAdministrativeData||Provides the details on creation date and time as well as last changed date and time (NA)|
|TaxAdvisorID||ID of the Tax Advisor maintained at Company Tax Arrangement|
|TaxAdvisorUUID||UUID of the Tax Advisor|
|TaxDeclarationCalendarDayRecurrence||Tax reporting recurrence details like yearly/monthly reporting date /month etc.|
|TaxDeclarationTypeCode||Tax return type code|
|TaxPaymentRequiredIndicator||Is set if the tax return is payment relevant|
|TaxRefundAmountTolerance||Tax refund amount /currency details|
|ThresholdAmount||Threshold amount for reporting tax return|
|ThresholdRelevanceIndicator||Is checked then threshold amount must not be blank.|
|UUID||UUID for Tax Return Arrangement|
|ValidityPeriod||Validity period of the tax return arrangement|
|CorrectionDeclarationIndicator||Is set if the return created is correction relevant|
|ProductTaxRelevantIndicator||Is set if the return is product tax relevant.|
|VATGroupIndicator||Is set if the companies belong to the same VAT group|
|EndDate||End date of the tax return run which created this tax return|
|StartDate||Start Date of the tax return run which created this tax return|
|WithholdingTaxRelevantIndicator||Is set if the return is withholding tax relevant.|
- Save and activate the solution.
You can now create tax return arrangements for the non-localized countries/regions in the SAP Business ByDesign System.