Waste Management E2E Process Blog Series Step 11: Create a Waste Transportation Document
The eleventh step in the Waste Management E2E Process for All Countries Blog Series – South African Example is to create a waste transportation document for our South Africa example with all the information setup to this point.
This step uses a culmination of all the previous steps to create the transportation document that is utilized to transport the generated waste in a legally compliant way to the final disposal facility. To review the previous steps in this series, see Waste Management | SAP Blogs.
With this document you can monitor the transported waste and ensure it is disposed of correctly according to your country/region.
Creating a transportation document is done in the My Waste Transportation Documents app. In the app itself, there is a guided tour called Creating Waste Transportation Documents which leads you through the process of creating a new transportation document.
Follow the guided tour in the app and use the information below to create a waste transportation document for the South Africa example.
Note: Be sure to have followed all the previous blog steps before creating a new transportation document.
- Choose Create
- In the mandatory Waste Generator field, select Waste Generator South Africa that was previously created in the Waste Management E2E Process Blog Series Step 1: Defining Locations
- The waste generator information is then filled in below with the correct validity area
- In the mandatory Disposal Channel field, select the Disposal Channel South Africa previously created in the Waste Management E2E Process Blog Series Step 9: Creating a Disposal Channel
- The waste products and disposal facility are derived from the selected disposal channel and automatically filled in
- The Handover Date field is defaulted to today’s date, but it can be changed
- The Return By date is defaulted to 30 days
- Add an Outgoing Quantity to the Product
- Choose Create in the Waste Transporter section and select Transporter South Africa previously created in the Waste Management E2E Process Blog Series Step 6: Defining Waste Business Partners
- Choose Create to save the information and finish creating the transportation document
The statuses available in the header are derived from the Waste Management E2E Process Blog Series Step 10: Defining the Waste Transportation Document Lifecycle and are shown for the waste transportation document that you have created.
The screenshots below are for your reference and show the created waste transportation document for South Africa.
For more information on the app itself, see My Waste Transportation Documents.
We are almost to the end of the Waste Management E2E Process for All Countries Blog Series – South African Example! Follow along for the last step in the series.