Create Tax Content for Non-Localized Countries/Regions in SAP Cloud Applications Studio – Overview
In the business configuration of the SAP Business ByDesign system, you can configure the taxation parameters for SAP country/region versions in the fine-tuning activity, Tax on Goods and Services. You can configure the taxation parameters only for SAP country/region versions. This blog describes how to use the SAP Cloud Applications Studio to configure tax types, tax events and tax codes based on the specific requirements for a particular country/region. Please note that the country/region should be available in the list of tax countries delivered by SAP. For the list of delivered tax countries, see Tax Basic Countries.
- You have installed the latest SAP Cloud Applications Studio release for creating the tax content.
- The country/region you want to configure is available in the tax country table already delivered by SAP. For the list of delivered tax countries, see Tax Basic Countries.
Note: You can only create tax content for the countries that are included in this list. If a country/region is not listed here, please contact SAP Business ByDesign Globalization team through Customer Influence and mark the area as ‘Globalization’ in the idea.
- You can view the list of available standard tax calculation procedures in part 6 of this 6-part blog series. (see below)
- Through the SAP Partner Development Infrastructure (PDI) you can either create your own tax calculation procedures (see ‘Configure Tax Calculation Procedure’ section below) or use tax calculation procedures marked as standard. For more information, you can view the list of available standard tax calculation procedures in part 6 of this 6-part blog series. (see below).
- You cannot create tax deductibility codes for tax through the PDI system; however, you can create them in the fine-tuning activity, Tax Settings for Purchasing, in the SAP Business ByDesign system. You must manually redo the entire process in the customer system.
- You cannot configure tax codes for purchasing using PDI tax type, because a deductibility code is mandatory for a purchasing tax code and deductibility codes cannot be created through PDI yet.
- Assuming the tax content is created using SAP Cloud Application Studio, the tax type description is shortened with the first two characters of the solution key in the pricing view. However, SAP delivered tax types display the right descriptions in the pricing view.
Steps of Configuration
We will understand the various steps of configuration in the following blogs :
Overview (the blog that you are reading now)
Part 1 :
Configure Tax Types
Configure Tax Calculation Procedure (Optional)
Part 2 :
Configure Tax Event
Configure Accounting Attributes for Tax Events (Optional)
Part 3 :
Configure Tax Codes
Part 4 :
Configure Tax Rate Schedules
Configure Tax Decision Tree
Part 5 :
Configure Account Determination Product Tax Event Group
Configure Product Tax Event Type Account Determination Product Tax Event Type Group
Part 6 :
SAP Delivered Standard Tax Calculation Procedures
We will have a detailed look and understand the steps of configuration of the various objects in each of the blogs as mentioned above.