SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration 2301 Release – What’s New?
This blog post provides an overview of key innovations in the 2301 Release of SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration. On January 22, 2023, we released exciting new SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration innovations for our customers.
Let me share some of the key highlights from the SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration 2301 Release:-
Latest Innovations – Collaborative Asset Definition
Automatic creation of an equipment request from a QR code scan
- Automatic creation of an equipment request from the Lookup application if the QR code scanning of the equipment identifier does not find any matches in the equipment list
- If the QR code represents the IEC 61406 ID link string, automatic identification of the equipment manufacturer by extracting the domain part of the IEC 61406 ID link string and creation of the equipment request for the identified equipment manufacturer
- If the equipment manufacturer is still not part of the network, an equipment request can be created from a QR code scan and then submitted when the equipment manufacturer joins the network (i.e. parking lot for equipment requests)
Latest Innovations – Enterprise Readiness
Maintenance of Attribute values for Nested Structures in the UI
- You can now edit the nested structure attribute values along with attribute values from attribute groups in the Data Sheet section
ID link field for Equipment and Functional Locations
- According to the IEC 61406 standard, UID field is renamed to ID Link.
- Filter using Manufacturer Part Number is now enabled for equipment and model search apps. The APIs are also enhanced for the same.
- Filter using Service Providers is now enabled for equipment and Functional Location apps. The APIs are also enhanced for the same.
- Attribute description is now displayed as tooltip at all instances of the attribute names in the search apps.
Latest Innovations – Collaborative Maintenance and Service
Mass management of confirmations: Create
- You can create a confirmation for all operations of a Work Order using the Create button in the Operations section of the Work Order object page and the Manage Work Orders page.
Mass acceptance and rejection of work order operations
- Enable user acceptance or rejection of multiple work order operations in one single screen
- Manage multiple work order operations efficiently on one single screen
- Enable service providers to accept or reject multiple work orders received from different asset owners or operators more easily and quickly
Detailed information could be found in the following link.
The above summarises the key innovations for 2301, We hope you enjoy the new capabilities in this release .Thanks for reading the blog post and Stay tuned! To learn more about SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration visit SAP- BusinessNetwork- AssetCollaboration