Increase productivity with the latest innovations in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition
This blog has first been published on SAP News.
With the 2302 update available in February, we are delivering new modern experiences, foundational capabilities, and core ERP innovations to improve organizational and employee productivity. Over the last year, we’ve been pleased to see an increase in user adoption and customer satisfaction, and we’re always looking for ways to make the product better based on customer and partner feedback.
We are taking collaboration and our user experience to the next level, enabling you to collaborate easily and make better decisions based on business data and processes. Some of the 2302 highlights include:
- The Share as Tab feature is released through an Early Adopter Care program. As the name suggests, your users can collaborate with their colleagues directly in Microsoft Teams by adding live data based on SAP Fiori Elements apps as tabs in their Teams channels.
Figure 1: Integration with Microsoft Teams
- Improved and additional card types for My Home, initially delivered with 2208, that orchestrate information, tasks, and applications and allow your users to do their daily activities more effectively and efficiently.
Figure 2: Improved and additional card types for My Home
- The customer usage dashboard provides functional usage and experience data in an automated way in SAP4Me to help our customers to understand their investment return value, monitor their adoption and consumption, and make data-driven decisions based on their own company usage.
Figure 3: The customer usage dashboard
Core ERP Innovations
We strive to enable you to get up and running with out-of-the-box business processes based on industry best practices. We are committed to expanding our set of ready-to-use capabilities needed to run your business.
Here are some of the 2302 highlights for product and manufacturing-centric industries:
- Innovations to enhance end-to-end process visibility and efficiency such as the integration of SAP Configure, Price and Quote (CPQ) with solution order management to support business transformations from products to higher-margin services and solutions by offering combined quote and orders including products and service contracts.
- Increased flexibility, granularity, and ease in selecting the orders that are relevant to the user with a new SAP Fiori app to set up an area of responsibility for a supervisor using production orders that allows users to choose their area of responsibility with respect to the orders.
- With the new and modernized manage material coverage app, relevant data can be intuitively accessed with quick views and an additional column through a modernized look and feel and a flexible materials list.
Figure 4: New SAP Fiori app “Manage Material Coverage“
And here are some highlights for finance and service-centric industries:
- Functionality to improve project planning and project resource management by providing starter content for building forms to collect ESG data to increase efficiency in building your own ESG (environmental, social, corporate governance) data collection forms by using sample forms as reference.
- Increased flexibility in billing preparation through a released OData API for the project billing request to enable external applications and resource related billing processes.
- With the new capacity evaluation app, flexible options for capacity analysis are provided, delivering insights about offered or available capacity within a flexibly defined timeframe, and about offered or available capacity, based on flexible aggregation options.
Figure 5: New app for capacity evaluation in Capacity Planning and Scheduling
Our customers operate globally and keep up with ever-evolving legal mandates. We are committed to delivering a global service and now support over 48 local versions. In addition to localization, in 2302, we heavily invested in other foundational topics, such as two-tier ERP, in-product accelerators, and extensibility:
- The addition of three new SAP-delivered local versions in 2302 for Argentina, Egypt, and Greece. Early Adopters are ongoing with general adoption delivery for all customers planned in 2308.
- The switch to Euro in Croatia was effective 1st January 2023. Financial reports have to be compiled using Euro and a Croatia local version is now available.
- Global organizations are increasingly adopting a multi-site ERP strategy to run their global businesses on two or more ERP systems to meet their market needs. The following are now available: Material requirement planning visibility in two-tier ERP to have better coverage on the material demand and supply planning of replenishment elements between Tier 1 and Tier 2 systems. Liquidity planning with SAP Analytics Cloud that enables the system to predict future cash flows that can be used as reference data in long term liquidity planning.
- The released baseline activation service and in-product accelerators (including automation bots, templates and bundles) reduce time to value and accelerate customer implementations.
- Extensibility is a key attribute of every scenario, and we deliver an extensive range of cloud APIs and tools to support these scenarios without compromising innovation updates.
And so much more…
Throughout this year we will deliver many more innovations that bring value to our customers. For more details around what is being delivered for 2302, see Bert Schulze’s release blog on the SAP Community.
More Information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud community topic page: here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info here
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blog Posts here and previous release highlights here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Explore SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility in the Extensibility Explorer