News from SAP Activate – SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2302
We are pleased to announce the availability of the updates to SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, pre-configuration content in SAP Best Practices Explorer, and tools. This release delivers updates to the ready-to-run business processes, methodology guidance and the tools that our customers leverage in deploying their SAP S/4HANA Cloud solutions. Here are key highlights for this release, you can learn more in the detailed sections below:
- SAP Activate Minute and SAP Activate Community blogs
- New and updated ready-to-run business processes in Best Practices Explorer (BPX)
- SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition (3SL and 2SL)
- Updates to SAP Activate methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
- NEW SAP Activate Methodology for SAP Cloud for Sustainable Enterprises roadmap
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2302 Early Release Series
- SAP S/4HANA Test Automation Tool – New features with 2302 release
SAP Activate Community | SAP Activate Blogs | Q4
Join the SAP Activate community, which provides access to relevant content and resources, as well as a platform for engaging with SAP partners, clients and internal colleagues through asking and answering questions. It aims to foster an active and engaged community. Check out the SAP Activate sub-topic page for overview documents, learning courses, and customer success stories.
The SAP Activate minute is a new initiative that provides quick and easy access to updates, accelerators, and solutions for problems that may arise in a project. It is designed to fit into a busy schedule and provide valuable information in a short amount of time. Check out the SAP Activate YouTube Channel to stay up to date with the minute long videos.
If you missed the SAP Community Call on December 6th, watch the replay to take a deeper dive in to the RASD tool, learn about XM Transformation content available in the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer and how to use it in your implementation projects, and wrap up with SAP Activate community updates.
Be sure to follow the SAP Activate tag where you can find the following blog posts as well as other posts SAP Activate experts shared with the community.
Recap of some blog posts from the community in Q4
- SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, 3-system landscape by Lisa Kouch
- SAP Activate Community Call Recap – SAP S/4HANA Cloud, 3-system landscape by Christina Galbreath
- Setting up Third-Party Test Automation Tool with SAP S/4HANA Cloud by Chandan Gurav
- Videos from first month of SAP Activate Minute by Jan Musil
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Content Federation with SAP BTP Launchpad Site by Kiran Bose
- Upgrade of S/4HANA Cloud, public edition (3-system landscape) by Ying Huang
- SAP for ME – Your New Digital Companion for SAP S/4HANA Cloud landscape provisioning by Adnette Kamugisha
- 5 SAP Activate minute topics you missed last month by Jan Musil
- Experience Management Transformation in S/4HANA Cloud Implementations by Christina Galbreath
- Key links from SAP Activate Product Update Series by Jan Musil
- FAQ to the SAP Test Strategy by Chandan Gurav
- SAP Community Call Recap – RASD and XM Transformation by Christina Galbreath
- Leveraging SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition to Improve Efficiency Across the Enterprise by Sven Denecken
- How SAP Cloud ALM Helps with SAP S/4HANA Cloud Upgrades by Jagmohan Singh Chawla
- Release Assessment and Scope Dependency Tool (RASD 2.0) Released to Customers by Asha Pillai
Content updates for SAP Best Practices Explorer
View the What’s new by checking out the recently released packages and updates to our portfolio of SAP Best Practices solutions. In addition, you can now find SAP S/4HANA Cloud related content in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community.
For more information, please use the links below.
- SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Link
- SAP S/4HANA Public Sector Cloud – Link
- SAP Best Practices for SAP Marketing Cloud – Link
SAP Activate for SAP S/HANA Cloud, public edition (3SL and 2SL) in 2302
Both the SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition (3-system landscape) and SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition (2-system landscape) implementation roadmaps have been enhanced based on product management input, system functionality changes, and customer feedback. Below are the highlights for this release.
- Enhanced content related to Spaces and Pages. Content includes:
- New accelerator created on how to set up a naming convention for Business Roles, Spaces and Pages. The accelerator will be available in task Plan and Design Identity and Access Management
- New improved procedure on the Identity and Access Management (IAM) release activities.
- Updated accelerators in task Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs in the Realize and Run phase.
- Addition and refresh of Two-Tier content, tasks, and accelerators. Content can be easily found by filtering by tag “Hybrid Deployment (Two-tier)”. Examples include:
- New task Self-Enable on Two-Tier ERP with SAP S/4HANA Cloud
under deliverable Customer Team Self-Enablement to help customers become more familiar with the Two-Tier deployment strategy.
- New accelerator, Business Driven Configuration Questionnaire – Two Tier.xlsx, to task, Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, to assist with Two-Tier implementations.
- Refresh of text and accelerators in
- Updated the accelerator, Data Migration – Approach and Strategy Template, in task, Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy, to include references to interfaced data and two-tier.
- New task Self-Enable on Two-Tier ERP with SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Additional content to provide more emphasis on SAP Cloud ALM features that facilitate procedure steps. Examples include:
- Updated task, Determine Process Scope, for more emphasis on SAP Cloud ALM
- New task Assign Resources and Refine Project Tasks in SAP Cloud ALM. This task details the process of assign teams or people to tasks in SAP Cloud ALM.
- Task Direct and Manage Project Execution was refreshed in the Explore, Realize and Deploy Phases to address handling of project monitoring in SAP Cloud ALM
- Creation of new deliverable Sprint Planning and Execution to document the overall sprint handling process. This includes the creation/refresh of the following tasks and updates to existing accelerators:
- “XM Transformation” tag to highlight Experience Management Transformation steps from Prepare to Run phase. Example of new XM content includes new tasks and accelerators:
The SAP Activate 2208 content for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 3-system landscape will be available in the Roadmap Viewer during the upgrade period. This is to support users who work on their development and production environments after their test systems have been upgraded to 2302. The availability of this content is intended to help users navigate and work on the 2208 release-based systems.
Please review the release blogs, SAP Activate Content Updates for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition (3-system landscape) and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition (2-system landscape) for the complete list of updates.
Updates of SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
The SAP Activate Methodology content for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition has been enhanced with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey. The content is available via the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer and SAP Cloud ALM.
The key highlights are:
- Updated the 5 Golden Rules for implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud with a Cloud Mindset accelerators. A few years ago, SAP introduced the 5 Golden Rules for implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud to help align the project team in following best practices and guidelines for a successful implementation project. Read the Updated 5 Golden Rules for implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud Blog by Jan Musil for more information.
- Updated the accelerator Implementing SAP S/4HANA with Cloud Mindset.
- Updated extensibility guide with a new accelerator Extend SAP S/4HANA in the cloud and on premise with ABAP based extensions.
- Updated accelerator Solution Standardization Board (SSB).
- Added new content related to the RISE with SAP adoption framework. The purpose of the RISE with SAP Adoption Framework is to provide clarity on the entire SAP S/4HANA cloud journey. It brings customers, partners, and SAP together to collaborate under a single cloud operational governance model, to proactively manage the success of RISE with SAP for the customers:
- Added a new tag, RISE with SAP adoption framework, to highlight all the deliverables related to new implementation or system conversion of an SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition with a RISE with SAP package.
- Added a new deliverable RISE with SAP Adoption Framework in the Discover phase, and a related task to the Discovery phase.
- Added a new deliverable RISE with SAP Onboarding Workshops with a related task Attend the Onboarding Welcome & Introduction Workshops.
- Improved the content under the Artificial Intelligence Technology tag:
- Updated the project plan folder available in the Roadmap Viewer under the “Download Project Plan” to include the latest updates. The project Plan contains a Microsoft Project plan template, a Microsoft Excel and an XML file populated with roadmap content.
- Updates to the roadmap graphic to reflect all changes made. The graphic can be found in the Overview section.
- Various improvements based on the feedback we continue to gather from our stakeholders, partners and customers
SAP Activate Methodology for SAP Cloud for Sustainable Enterprises
We are pleased to announce the release of version 1.0 of the new SAP Activate Methodology for SAP Cloud for Sustainable Enterprises roadmap. This new roadmap provides a general project plan that introduces some of our Sustainability Management solutions. It can be found in the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer, where all SAP Activate implementation and deployment roadmaps are stored. This new roadmap will provide the partners and customers with a clear view of the sustainability solutions offered by SAP, and help them to plan and implement the solutions effectively.
- Direct access to Sustainability Roadmap –> SAP Activate for SAP Cloud for Sustainable Enterprises Implementation Roadmap.
- Information overview see Bob Byrne’s new blog post announcing the Release of the new roadmap here.
- And the Release Notes blog.
Please stay tuned as we continue to develop and evolve this new roadmap. We will be adding new and updated project deliverables, tasks, and accelerators to help customers and partners achieve a quick start cloud implementation. These updates will be available in the SAP Activate Methodology for SAP Cloud for Sustainable Enterprises roadmap. The goal is to provide our customers and partners with the most up-to-date and comprehensive resources to help them implement and utilize SAP’s sustainable enterprise solutions effectively.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2302 Early Release Series
We hosted a series of 20 compelling live sessions from the heart of the SAP S/4HANA Engineering organization, designed by product experts for product experts. These series give a special insider’s preview into the upcoming SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2302 release and to share highlights of the exciting innovations it brings. Missed the live sessions? Watch the replays here. Read more about the series in Corina’s blog post here.
SAP S/4HANA Test Automation Tool 2302 Release
The 2302 release of SAP S/4HANA Cloud has a major focus on enabling partners to build test automation services for customers, helping them to create a robust regression suite. In addition, 83 customers have successfully completed the 2208 Post Upgrade Test (PUT) with PUT 2.0. This release includes several key features such as:
- Validations and Notifications are now provided in the Test Your Process (TYP) application when the Post Upgrade Test (PUT) credentials are updated or have expired
- API automates can also be added as part of the execution scope in MUT application and be part of the PUT execution
- Test data containers can be created in the offline mode via spreadsheet
- Mass download/upload of automates with TDC artefacts (3SL specific)
In addition to these features, the Test Automation Tool is now available for partners to try out in 3SL landscape tenants. This gives partners the opportunity to test the automation features earlier and be better prepared for customer implementations. It will also allow the partners to provide test automation services to the customers and help them to build a robust regression suite.
Run simple – SAP Activate – Accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Your SAP Activate Team