Tomcat Crash due to port 8005 conflict in Windows Environment
During SAP BO or any other product Installation which requires Apache Service, Tomcat get installed. Tomcat is a popular open-source Java Servlet Container that is widely used to deploy web applications. One common issue that users may encounter is that the Tomcat server may crash when the SMS Agent Host service is using the same port (8005) This Port is used by either Tomcat Shutdown server or Connector Port.
Here are some steps that you can take to resolve this issue:
1. Check if the SMS Agent Host service is running. If it is, stop the service.
2. Open the Tomcat server.xml file, which is located in the conf directory of the Tomcat installation.
3. Search for the connector or shutdown element that is using port 8005. This element will look something like this:
For Shut Down –
Server port=”8005″ shutdown=”SHUTDOWN”
For Connector –
Connector port=”8005″ protocol=”HTTP/1.1″
a. Port 8005 is on TCP protocol.
b. Port 8005 must be available for Tomcat to start. Verify port should not be in used.
4. Change the port number from 8005 to a different number, such as 8015.
5. Save the server.xml file and restart the Tomcat server.
6. Check if the SMS Agent Host service is running again and start it.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue of Tomcat crashing due to the SMS Agent Host service using port 8005.