What to expect in 2023 from SAP Build
As 2023 is starting, I want to emphasize some of key moments we have had in the Low-Code/No-Code portfolio on SAP Business Technology Platform, and to highlight some of the amazing things we’ve accomplished this year.
But it is more important for me to share some targets and perspectives for the next quarters, and I’m excited to present you what we are working on for SAP Build.
Our low-code/no-code journey in 2022
In February we launched SAP Build Process Automation, bringing together RPA, workflow and AI capabilities with an intuitive no-code experience to help our customers in automating business processes and improving efficiency. Our strategic move has been recognized by the market: during summer SAP was recognized as Visionary in 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Robotic Process Automation and we’ve got positive feedbacks from early adopters leading to a strong adoption by SAP customers.
In June we launched Visual Cloud Functions in SAP AppGyver, now evolved into SAP Build Apps, introducing a way to visually create a cloud-deployed back end for your application. With SAP Build Apps and such cloud-side programming capabilities, we provide full-stack development experience for no-code and everyone can become a full-stack cloud developer.
Finally at SAP TechEd, we unveiled SAP Build, our unified Low-Code offering. Designed to support users of every skill level including those with little or no formal coding experience, it brings together three core components
- SAP Build Apps to enable the creation of enterprise-grade apps with drag-and-drop simplicity
- SAP Build Process Automation to automates processes and tasks visually
- SAP Build Work Zone to design business sites using a visual editor and pre-built templates
It’s truly a highlight to innovate faster, and I want to thank our valued customers and partners for their engagement and support: you participated in beta programs, customer feedback workshops and shared very valuable and inspiring feedback that helps us improve our products.
What to expect for 2023?
Our goal for this year is clear: make SAP Build the best low-code platform for SAP customers.
For that, we have defined key priorities for the next quarters that nurture our roadmap:
- Better integration of the 3 pillars of our offering: this means for instance that we want to make it even easier to connect a process to an application, and to build a new application that you can embed in your business site. We also want to make it easier to share artifacts across the different solutions.
- Deeper integration with SAP Core Applications with enriched business context: indeed, a theme we will continue to make front, and center of our development for SAP Build is integration with S/4HANA, SAP SuccessFactors, Ariba… We will continue embedding low-code capabilities into SAP solutions and offer more pre-built content. Alongside other capabilities such as ABAP and Steampunk, SAP Build is a very efficient way to extend not only S/4HANA but also SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Ariba, SAP CX etc.
- Improved IT governance: while we already have a lot in place thru SAP Business Technology Platform, we want to provide IT admins with more capabilities to monitor and operate low-code apps and processes.
- Better experience for Professional Developers: we will also focus on further tuning the development experience for professional developers. We will continuously invest into improving our low-code/no-code offerings for IT professionals and also providing our pro-developers with a clear guidance on when to use what for the best outcome.
- Deeper integration with advanced cloud technologies available on SAP BTP. Our endeavors in that direction include:
- SAP Cloud Application Programming Modelwill be leveraged as a service. It will enable IT experts in fusion teams to build comprehensive data logic and leverage this in SAP Build Process Automation.
- SAP Graphwill provide SAP Build users with straightforward access to semantically connected data entities across all SAP applications.
- SAP AI Business Services will be more and more integrated with SAP Build Process Automation to allow the extensive use of AI in both design time and run time. This includes auto-identification of application changes to suggest corrections in design time. For run time, it contains root-cause analysis of failures, self-healing corrections to automations based on best-recommended action and soliciting human-in-loop or auto-adjusting job distribution.
- SAP Signavio will be further integrated with SAP Build Process Automation in order to accelerate a business transformation from insights to action: SAP Signavio Process Intelligence will trigger automated actions through APIs to perform process automations with workflows and bots, and SAP Build Process Automation will complement SAP Signavio Process Governance, managing approvals of process model changes in SAP Signavio Process Manager.
As you see, we are working on exciting topics, and you will see further innovations in SAP Build during the next quarters. Stay tuned.
I wish you a great start in 2023 and an amazing year with low-code!