SAP ALM Analytics: SAP Cloud ALM Requirements Dashboards
Goal of this blog post
In this blog, we will create a simple panel displaying analytics for Requirements entities managed by SAP Cloud ALM with the ALM Grafana plugin.
- You have created a service key to your SAP Cloud ALM tenants (check this blog).
- You should configure a Grafana data source connected to your SAP Cloud ALM tenant.
- You have configured at least one project in your SAP Cloud ALM tenant. (check the SAP support portal)
ALM Requirements Data Provider
The SAP Cloud ALM Requirements data provider supports the following dimension:
|GUID||Internal GUID of the requirement||yes|
|project||project of the requirement||yes|
|project name||Project Name|
|scope name||Scope of the requirement|
|statusText||Text of the requirement status|
|assignee||Assigned owner of the requirement||yes|
|priority||Priority of the requirement||yes|
|team||Team assigned to the requirement||yes|
|workstream||Work-stream attached to the requirement|
|Role||Role of the Requirement||yes|
|Process||Solution process of the requirement|
|counter||Requirement counter (Measures)|
From your Grafana instance, create a query for each project to be displayed in your dashboard:
- Add a Panel
- Select your SAP Cloud ALM “Data source”.
- Select the “Time Series” format.
- Select the data provider: “ALM Requirements”
- Select the name of your project.
- Select the following dimensions:
Select the “Pie Chart” visualisation with the following settings:
- Query transformation: Select the “Rename by regex” transformation to remove the measure name of the time-series legend. (Note: As two dimensions were selected by the query, the name of the series correspond the combination the two dimensions).
- Query Options:
- Select “now/d” as relative time option in the “Query Options” panel to retrieve data of the “Today as of now” time period.
In the next blog, we will create a panel displaying Test Executions analytics.
Thanks for reading.