How to Enable EU OSS Tax Audit Report for Custom Audit file
Keeping pace with the ever-changing regulatory environment is a challenge; Audit file is a good use case of such legal format changes in many countries. Keeping them updated as per latest regulations from standard delivery is a challenge.
This blog will explain the new functionality of generating custom audit files for EU OSS Tax Audit Report in SAP Business ByDesign. This would enable the partners/customers to amend the tax audit file content and also adapt audit files to relevant format according to specific Country/Region regulations.
Modify the content of SAP Generated Tax Audit File
Content of Standard XML File generated by EU OSS Tax Audit Report can be modified by end user. Follow the steps to achieve the purpose.
- To do this, the partners/customer would need to implement the enhancement option PDITaxAuditFileGenerationMultiple in the SAP Cloud Applications Studio with relevant filter conditions. The implementation can be done for a combination of company Id and auditing country name. Please refer to the example snapshot below.
- In the implementation, partners would have the option to edit SAP generated file content. We would recommend partner to edit this content judiciously.Please refer to the example snapshot below.
Modify the format of SAP Generated Tax Audit File
The XML generated by EU OSS Tax Audit Report has a specific format, Partners/Customers can modify this format by using their own XSLT Transformation. Custom XSLT Transformation will be applied on top of SAP defined file structure (The standard Audit file generated by EU OSS Tax Audit Report before performing the below mentioned steps).
- Go to Business configuration work center > Overview
- Search and select Common Master Data Configuration
- Select Configuration type code 5 – Transformation Repository or create a new configuration if it doesn’t exist.
- Click on Edit.
- Create a new transformation. Click on Add Row > Give a Transformation Name > Transformation type AUD – XSL Transformation Audit Report and transformation subtype OSS – One-Stop-Shop for the required country.
- Upload a new Transformation version by clicking on Add Row. Add Transformation specific validity dates and description.
- In XSL Transformation File section, click on Add and upload the XSLT file.
- Change the Status of Transformation version and Transformation to active once XSLT file is deployed successfully.
- Save and close.
After Performing both the steps partners/customers should follow the normal process of generating the EU OSS Tax Audit Report. The generated XML file will have modified content and format.
Please share your feedback or thoughts in comments.
Follow the below pages for more information: